HELP!!! I think i messed up my throttle bodies!!

Good JOB!!!
You might just uncap the 4 tubes and let some air be sucked up (a couple minutes). The point being once you cap them, the oil could deteriorate the tubing.

thanks man! i thought if air was introduced into the system was bad? i dont want the tubing to deteriorate...i was thinking to clamp off a part of the affected hose and spray a little engine degreaser or something to remove the oil in the tube and squeeze it out or let it air dry

QwickFliCk, re the gunk inside the throttle bodies, you can clean them out with carb cleaner, it should help it running too. Spray a little at a time with the bike running (unless initially you can a rag behind there-engine off to soak up the goo). I'd put a large fan in front of the bike when running it on the centerstand to help keep things cool...

i doubt i can get a rag thru there...will the carb cleaner mess up any sensors...i was thinking to get the sea foam spray or mass air flow sensor cleaner just in case

Whatever tiny bit of oil may have been sucked in is long gone by now. And if you used 2stroke oil in your homemade unit then it's made to burn clean and leave no deposits. Go for a ride enjoy, life is too short to worry about a few drops of oil.

Whatever tiny bit of oil may have been sucked in is long gone by now. And if you used 2stroke oil in your homemade unit then it's made to burn clean and leave no deposits. Go for a ride enjoy, life is too short to worry about a few drops of oil.

i used 10w40 oil :(....ill check later if the tube is still oily:thumbup:

thanks man! i thought if air was introduced into the system was bad? i dont want the tubing to deteriorate...i was thinking to clamp off a part of the affected hose and spray a little engine degreaser or something to remove the oil in the tube and squeeze it out or let it air dry

i doubt i can get a rag thru there...will the carb cleaner mess up any sensors...i was thinking to get the sea foam spray or mass air flow sensor cleaner just in case

That little bit of oil in the tube won't hurt anything. The new ethonol fuels are notorious for deteriorating rubber, etc..

Seafoam cleaner should be fine a well as some Mass air flow sensor cleaner will work about the same. I don't know which is stronger, but repeat until all are clean..

As for carb cleaner, it won't hurt any sensors, just keep the bike running, 3-4,000 RPM's and try not to flood it/stall it when doing this. The engine will be burning off the cleaner as its injested. Just a quick shot at a time.. I'd work back and forth between throttle bodies until all are nice and clean..

If you have a large fan, I'd put it in front of the bike as it'll be running for a bit in one place..

Good luck..

Last edited:
Back