Help Identifying Part - 99 Honda Civic

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey you guys, my beater civic got rear ended by somebody and I'm having trouble identifying a part for replacement. See the picture below, I've put a red box around the part in question. I'm wondering if anybody has any idea what this piece is called - a spacer? a flange? a lip?

View attachment 56029

Anyway I have paint left over from touch up work, and already bought the replacement tail light and bumper - i figure this part is likely cheap, but can't seem to find the proper name.

Any input is appreciated.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
My beater car is a 2000 Civic LX. Same car. Is that piece separate from the rest of the rear fender? I never noticed a separate piece there. can you tell if it's plastic or sheet metal? My father has a 99 LX Civic he's partying out as it was involved in a front end collision. I'm sure that piece is in place. Sell it to you cheap if you can't find one local. It's dark green paint though.

J

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
My beater car is a 2000 Civic LX. Same car. Is that piece separate from the rest of the rear fender? I never noticed a separate piece there. can you tell if it's plastic or sheet metal? My father has a 99 LX Civic he's partying out as it was involved in a front end collision. I'm sure that piece is in place. Sell it to you cheap if you can't find one local. It's dark green paint though.

J

Sweet! The part appears to be separate from the rear fender and also looks to be metal. If you'd be willing to send it over- I'd gladly take it! I'm already painting the bumper so it not a terrible amount of extra effort to paint this bad boy too.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
For reference, see below: the left side which is still solid. Note the red lines added pointing out the separation between the rear fender and the part we're referring to.

View attachment 56030

This suggests to me it is a separate piece, plus it doesn't appear to be welded. It looks to be bolted onto the frame or a mount secured to the frame, so I think it should be removable without any cutting.

PM me further if you're down to help a brotha out! It'd be greatly appreciated.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's something I can remove easily I'll get it the next time I'm over there. You need the RIGHT side, correct? If you remove yours let me know how to get it out. I'm sure the tail lights have to be removed first.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
ho1746101.jpg

Its called a Rear Bumper to Body Filler Panel. They ended up being cheap, 15$ after shipping. So, I went with this.

Thank you anyway - much appreciated.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! :thumbup:

Great little cars. I get 35-38 mpg commuting on backroads to work. Really easy cars to maintain and repair. I paid $1,500 for my 2000 with 220K miles but great body and interior. 20K miles later still running like a 5 year old car.