Help needed

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay I hate to admit this one but I need some help with Army ceremonies, specifically the history behind cutting the cake at an Army birthday celebration (233rd on June 14th BTW).

When a unit holds this celebration the oldest and the youngest Soliders in the unit hold a saber together and cut the cake. This represents the continuation of the Army from the old guard to the new guard., and that This is all I know about this tradition.

Typically the Sergeant Major (me) is the MC of the event and explains the history of the oldest and yougest Soldier. There is usually a narrative that is read. I've been Googling and Wiki-ing with no luck. Do any of my military brothers and sister know where I can find a narrative????

Thanks! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
have you tried military.com? other sergeant majors?.....hmm when is this going down?

Tomorrow at 1700. Thanks for the ideas. I called our Division CSM and he said that you just kind of wing it. No help there....If I can find a basic narrative I'll tweek it into something that will work.

W

wrightme43

Can you just say, this guy is a stupid newbie. This guy knows his sh*t. LOL J/King of course.