esa6umum.jpg
dady5y8u.jpg

Hope it helps?
Neil

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
The rest of the bike is fine, the PO was just trying to be...resourceful:spank:. He's a buddy of mine that I ride with. He had broken the plastics (garage drop:()and replaced them, and apparently the plastics he got didn't come with the hardware.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Calipers and an eyeball can get you the size of any thread. For future reference the crest of the thread when measured is typically the size, then count the number of threads over an inch... Say the diameter was 1/2 inch with 20 threads in an inch, that would be a 1/2"-20 unf bolt... After writing all this, and it being late, I realize Japanese bikes are metric... Oh we'll, fun bit of info anyhow :spank:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The bolt you get from Fastenal won't have quite as large a head (surface area) if the bolts being used to secure the plastic fairing.

You may want to order or go down to the Yamaha shop and pick up some original bolts. Their commonly used in a lot of Yamaha's (I know their also used in the 2003-2012 FJR for ALL their fairings).

For the bolts going thru a painted fairing, they usually have a plastic washer to protect the paint from scratching. *I just make my own if they wear our (or get lost) using an old milk bottle and trimming/drilling a hole duplicating the stock plastic washer.* Part #20:
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2007/FZ6+-+FZS6W/COWLING+1/parts.html

I'd be really surprised if the shop manager couldn't scroung a couple up for you...

I got the link to work, you don't need that plastic washer under the black inner cowl.

Last edited: