Her name is Autumn.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks very nice.

Frame is antique bronze and motor is cast iron

Frame and engine Paint job looks very professional.
Can you give some more info about the paint job?
Did you paint it with a spray gun with or just a sprey paint, what brand is the paint and did you use primer?
Did you use oven or any heat source to dry the paint?

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rattle canned it. The motor has Duplicolor engine enamel and the frame is semi flat Rustoleum. Since it left it single stage, I can touch up any stone chips easily by spraying some on a paper plate and dabbing it in with a toothpick.

For prep, I cleaned the parts with dish soap and wiped them down with denatured alcohol right before spraying.

The biggest thing to watch is to stay away with the paint can. You should never be within a foot of the part while spraying, or you'll build up the layers too quick. If you can't see the original color after the first coat, you're going WAY too heavy and you'll probably get runs and fisheyes.

Put down about 4 light coats about 10 minutes apart and finish with a heavier one to smooth the finish. (too light on the final coat and the finish will be rough)

If you're clear coating, (I did on the rearsets and gas cap because those spots get more wear) skip the thick coat and put down 1 or 2 super light coats of clear followed by a heavy coat.

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just had perfect timing. I finished soldering on the new turn signals, cleaned the chain, and wiped it all down today. I took a couple of pictures at the nearby park, and it started raining HARD as I plugged the memory card in the computer to upload. That's why I never washed the bike before the crash, it always made it rain. :(

At least I got photo evidence of it being clean at one time.

pretty1.jpg

pretty2.jpg

I love how it's a different shade of red or orange every time I look at it. :D

Last edited:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
That bronze frame colour, i liked it most.
It's better than the original black.
Do you have a colour code for that?

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
And Autumn is a beautiful name for her!! I LOVE the paint! (goes well with the frame color too)

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
nice nice nice and gorgeous. that orange makes me wet! i bet the most difficult part was putting the bike back together! especially the wiring.

great job congrats. the frame and engine paint came out beautiful

im very very happy that you restored it and how it came out

Last edited:

MagicMANX

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude!! I have to say, its an amazing looking machine, its really a great job what you have done to restore the wrecked bike.

Best of lucks, hope to see her fully assembled soon.

Cheers!

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just stopped by an upholstery shop on the way home today. I'm dropping the seat off on friday right before I fly home for a few days so it'll be ready when I get back. New foam, and I'm stealing the euro two-tone look with a different color scheme.

32605d1291582552-where-can-i-get-photo-18.jpg

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I just stopped by an upholstery shop on the way home today. I'm dropping the seat off on friday right before I fly home for a few days so it'll be ready when I get back. New foam, and I'm stealing the euro two-tone look with a different color scheme.

32605d1291582552-where-can-i-get-photo-18.jpg

what is the name of the shop?

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mosley Auto Upholstery on old alexandria ferry in clinton. He quoted $125, and that sounded fine to me.

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yay, my headlight kit shipped! Hopefully I get it by Thursday or I won't be able to install it until next week.

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Headlight and new mirrors are installed. Upholstery guy lied to me about the seat's progress, and I showed up out of the blue to found he hadn't touched it yet after a whole week. I'm checking on a different place on Monday.

headlight1.jpg

headlight2.jpg

MagicMANX

Reaction score
Visit site
very nice bike dude!! she is looking awesome!

keep up the good work, I think she's about done very soon ? just the seat left...