Hesitation in first gear

Rocky529

Reaction score
Visit site
Today, I adjusted my clutch and installed Pazzo shifter/brake levers. I took it for a test drive and noticed a hesitation in first gear... it doesn't always happen though. If I let the clutch out a good amount and give it full throttle, there is a pause before the bike moves... split second, but I still feel it. If I pre-load the throttle a bit and come out on the clutch quicker, it isn't present.

It only happens from a dead stop and does not happen in any other gear... just wondering if it is normal or not.

I do have a PCIII installed and a new, full tank of gas.

Any help is appreciated.

does anyone know how to adjust the idle on '08s? mine is pretty low if those numbers in the post above are correct! maybe thats why it acts funny coming off of idle sometimes!

Should be a spring loaded screw visable where the big hole is between the frame and tank on the clutch lever side. I think clockwise is up ccw is down.
Make sure you're checking it after it's warmed up fully.

If your idle is good you may need to synch your throttle bodies. I know there is a pretty good write up either on here or SBN.. do some searching.

Last edited:
Should be a spring loaded screw visable where the big hole is between the frame and tank on the clutch lever side. I think clockwise is up ccw is down.
Make sure you're checking it after it's warmed up fully.

If your idle is good you may need to synch your throttle bodies. I know there is a pretty good write up either on here or SBN.. do some searching.

that is awsome information, thanks

I just noticed my idle was closer to 1000 RPMs so I adjusted it closer to 1300 RPMs.. I'll test it in a bit.

Thanks

Back