Hi From Maryville!

midknight

Reaction score
Visit site
Posted up a few days ago in the general section under a new member welcome thread, but thought I'd post up here to say hi to all the other southerners! Just bought a 2007 FZ6 in blue a couple weeks ago after my insurance company gave me an offer I couldn't refuse on my 2003 SV650S copper :( anywho, loving the bike so far (much more comfortable than the SV to me). So if ya see this running around the maryville/knoxville area, give me a wave!

Oh, and anyone else that might want to hook up with some other riders in the east tn area, check out easttnbikers.com - if it's not cool to be posting about other forums, just say so and i'll remove this part.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Great bike! You will love it!

I'm in Virginia but I usually come down to East TN/Western NC once a year to ride the awesome roads you have in the Great Smoky Mountain region! :rockon:

midknight

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! Everyone goes on and on about the dragon but there are many more miles of great riding roads around here if that's not your style (and honestly its not mine). Cant wait to put some more miles on the yamaha :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! Everyone goes on and on about the dragon but there are many more miles of great riding roads around here if that's not your style (and honestly its not mine). Cant wait to put some more miles on the yamaha :thumbup:

My favorite roads in your area is the Foothills Parkway just east of Maryville and 165/143 east of Tellico Plains heading toward Lake Santeetlah. Hwy 28 is also a blast between Fontana dam and deals gap. I had a project for work at that lake a couple years ago, got to spend 2 days riding around that area!

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: I love Tennessee! I may very well be touring through there in a couple of months, albeit in a van. I think you'll find this forum to be a very nice and welcoming place! Enjoy your new FZ6, and ride safe!

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Welcome!!! My Dad lives in Clinton, not too far from you :) I haven't ridden up there yet, but I have been to Tellico Plains and rode the Dragon a couple times. Been wanting to check out some other roads around there since I have a place to crash (ie sleep) if I want to.

Be safe and enjoy the FZ!

midknight

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: Hi From Maryville!

Hey man, I went to William Blount. Welcome!

Boo willie b!! Well at least you weren't one of those maryville high kids lol. I guess william blount people aint all that bad, i mean i married one after all. I went to heritage by the way. :D

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: To an awesome forum and motorcycle! I'm sure you will love your new toy. Be sure and ride safe but enjoy the ride. :thumbup: