HID projector on my FZ6N - Complete!

How much of an improvement over stock?

Looks seriously bright, I would say comparable to my girlfriends Fazer with both beams lit but yours has a much whiter cast to the light, it's daylight bright :)

How much of an improvement over stock?

Looks seriously bright, I would say comparable to my girlfriends Fazer with both beams lit but yours has a much whiter cast to the light, it's daylight bright :)

I'd say it's an immense improvement over stock, but what's more important is the spread of light. I like it at lot!:thumbup:

Considering that xenon emits roughly three times more light than a comparable halogen, this single xenon bulb should be somewhat 50% brighter than your GF's two halogen bulbs;)

sorry to bring up an old thread but I wanted to thank the OP for the idea on extending the wiring.. I just got my hid kit today for my gsxr headlight mod and looked at all these slim blasts, ignitors, etc and said to myself where the hell am I gonna put this stuff?!? Under the seat is perfect! Good idea man..
Thanks

I would love to see a picture of the output and cutoff line..

I did post a couple of pictures of the output on page two of this thread. But I will try to catch another one later, showing the cut-off a bit better:thumbup:

Long time no see

There's been and still is winter up here, and the bike's still stored safely away. Weather is about to get a little better, and I guess it will be time to take the bike out riding in only a couple of weeks.

Anyway; I have a few pics that I took for the vendor of this stuff that are now being used for commercial purposes:

img7212a.jpg

img7220l.jpg

img7204h.jpg

img7202s.jpg

It's 6000K by the way. I am going to mount a 50W ballast to this thing which I have laying around, just to make the light output even better:BLAA:

can you plug a 50W ballast into a 35 watt bulb (I know that physically they are the same) but are the bulbs all the same (just sorried that you will burn out your bulb)? also i would be sure that the wire is rated at the higher wattage so that it dosen't melt. you only have 1 headlight and if it goes out at night you are S.O.L.

can you plug a 50W ballast into a 35 watt bulb (I know that physically they are the same) but are the bulbs all the same (just sorried that you will burn out your bulb)? also i would be sure that the wire is rated at the higher wattage so that it dosen't melt. you only have 1 headlight and if it goes out at night you are S.O.L.
My understanding is a high quality (as in OEM, not ebay Chinease HID kit stuff) can take a higher wattage ballast no problem. Kit bulbs that wern't necessarily made for it may get too hot, and could start burnging the chrome off your projector bowl if it's a small enclosed unit, like the plug-and-play ones.

Boy that is a great looking bike. Very manly. I want to upgrade my stock lights to the HID projector sometime soon too. I like the light output.:thumbup:

No problem doing this as long as the HID kit you're using is a high quality kit. The vendor that I got this from, sells kits with 50W ballasts, and I allready got it in the high beams on my car. Works like a charm:thumbup: Vendor has one year guarantee on this as well. If a bulb should go, then I can use my D2S bulbs that I have laying around.

If the projector unit can't take the excessive heat from additional 15W, well.. I don't think so, really.

Sorry for resurecting this thread. I just bought a HID kit from ebay and am doing a similar mod.

I just wanted to know if a fuse is required when connecting directly to the battery?

HID would need about 3 Amps (35watts/12volts). So should I use a 5 amp fuse on the positive terminal lead to be on the safe side?

Back