Hid??

nope, the 8000 only really has a hint of blue in it, the dark blues and purples are 10,000 and 12,000. 4300 is actually (IMO) a slight yellow tint and the 6000 range looks just white, i am very please with the 8000K's light output as well.

FYI: Subaru (STI), Saab, and BMW both use 8000K Bulbs in their stock HID options.

I'm sorry, I can't speak for Subaru or Saab, but I know BMW, Mercedez, Acura/Honda, and Nissan/Infiniti do not use an 8000k bulb as the stock temperature of their HIDs. That temperature bulb doesn't put out enough usable light to be DOT legal. I'm 95% sure they use 4300k which is the closest to day light that you can get. This is what I have on my bike and the color of the output looks just like my Dad's 335i and my brother's TL.

Are you doing the H4 mod as well? Or are you just putting in the stock H4/H7bulb combination?

Single stock H4 kit for now. From what I understand, HIDs are not meant for high-beams. It takes about 30 seconds to full illumination therefore not effective for flashing. I'm in greater Los Angeles area so the high beam usage is limited. Although I might change the H7 bulb to an aftermarket or PIAA to match the 6000k a little better.

I picked up an H4 kit a couple weeks ago along with 3 kits for my cage(highs lows and fogs). I wanted to get the hi/low H4 kit but it was a bit pricey at $150 when I was already picking up 3 other kits($70 ea w/lifetime warranty). for not both will be H4's and when I get around to it I will upgrade to the hi/lo kit.

Full output time depends on the temp, I have 3k hids in the fogs of my cage and they take almost a min to completely warm up, until they do I have green fog lights.

4300k is stock the 6k is the closest to pure white and what I find gives the best output(have them in my cars lows). As someone said before 8k is a slight blue and give with less usable light.

The PIAA is good if you only run halogens, next to HID's it still looks like crap, I have a friend who ran them in the fogs with hids in the lows. Besides they are like 90bucks(up here anyways), just get another HID set its cheaper.

HID's are not supposed to be flashed, as it can cause issues with the ballasts. Also your not really supposed to turn them on and off more than 3 times per hour(from what I hear).

Back