Holiday review

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
k this has been a while coming, new job and all.
first stop was hollywood, did universal, tar pits, santa monica, santee alley, stayed in place called hollywood orchid suites. Hotel was right behind the kodak theatre, old but great location and price. The only bad thing on this leg was venice beach, the smell of dope everywhere, people pushing cd's just a real dissapointment. We then trained it down to san diego in business class, great way to travel. San diego was one of the high lights of the trip, so much so that we tease everyone back here that we are going to move there. The hospitality of a certain couple motogiro and mrs motogiro, helped make this stay awesome. San diego is beautiful, we did sea world a trolley tour and truck/boat on the bay. Saw the navy training dolphins and seals in the bay, three aircraft carriers navy helicopters overhead training. Had a couple of great meals out. Then we trained it back to anahhiem, and we all know what is in anahiem, mickey mouse and snoopy. Picked up the mustang and drove to vegas, what a fantastic drive that is, driving through the desert, and the one big view is snow capped mountains.........

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
vegas, well vegas is everything i remembered and more, this time we had another friend vegasrider to make us feel welcomed. We did a big helicopter tour of the grand caynon what can i sy but wow. Then the big thing that happened was the wedding, again we were helped celebrate it by our newly found forum friends. Here we meet another mstewar1 flew in from frisco just for the day that blew my mind. Also our newly found friends drove up from san diego. I was in my element, go everywhere with a drink in your hand, refill stations all along the strip, i couldnt get over the freedom with booze, walk in and out of anywhere with a drink in hand. as everyone knows who has been there the thing that lets it down is being harrased at every corner by the dancer sprukers, then the tour sprukers then the free night club admission sprukers. Bl--dy annoying. Now some advise for anyone travelling form there to hawaii, do not do the 2.45 am flight, you have to be out of your room by 10.00 and cant book in at the other end untill 3.00 pm, its a long long day, with no access to your luggage cause its in storage. But then hawaii once we got settled was as before the best way to wind down from a holiday, not enough time here. Im embarased to say i have been to hawaii 4 times and still have not been to the memorial, it was planned this time but we feel short of getting there. I didnt even get to swim in the sea or go snorkling. Note plan extra days when going to hawaii, and try to get to the other islands, ive still only done oahu. Still after all the long distance flights ive done im not use to them, in fact i still hate them especially flying hawaiian airlines in there nonjumbo fleet. If it takes a few extra hours at work pay the extra fly on a big plane get more room more comfort and better amenities. Now we are home and reality strikes back.