How much do you pay for insurance?

lukaledoux

Reaction score
Visit site
I pay $2080/yr with TD. That is by the far the cheapest I have found so far. Most companies are over 3000$.

I'm also being told by some that the FZ6 is on their prohibited list.. I have a hard time believing that it belongs on that list with the R6s and the CBRs.

I'm 22, clean driving record.

justaguy

Reaction score
Visit site
$17 a month full coverage including medical from Geico with a clean driving record and $100 deductible

Last edited:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my insurance on the ninja was $696/yr with state farm, I just switched to american modern because they quoted me $340/yr.

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
$1000 a year for full comprehensive insurance here in Australia for my KTM 1190. I'm 27. After 30 years of age our insurance price drops off quite a bit. It was $1600 a year when I had my S1000RR last year.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
My insurance was going to triple when I got the fz09 (pun intended) but I used another insurance company. 50$ a month,

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I pay $2080/yr with TD. That is by the far the cheapest I have found so far. Most companies are over 3000$.

I'm also being told by some that the FZ6 is on their prohibited list.. I have a hard time believing that it belongs on that list with the R6s and the CBRs.

I'm 22, clean driving record.

How long have you had your motorcycle license? and do you have a car on the policy with it?

I'm 23 (turning 24) been licensed since 2011, and my premium is less than half yours with TD

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
How long have you had your motorcycle license? and do you have a car on the policy with it?

I'm 23 (turning 24) been licensed since 2011, and my premium is less than half yours with TD

I just did a quote online with a clean record and 25 years old and got $2,226. How is yours so cheap?

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I just did a quote online with a clean record and 25 years old and got $2,226. How is yours so cheap?

lol this has come up before, okay so I just did a quick online quote this is the result

(I made up my name and number and email, other than that all true)

Details:
Date of Birth: July 1990
Marital Status: single
Professional Associations: Queens University
License: M2...since April 2011
Years insured: 2
Address: Belleville, ON
Bike Value: $4000
Mods: No
Riding for work: No
KM/year: 10,000

I cant think of anything else I had to fill out, Only thing left out is my discount for having my car on the same policy...

Soo I dunno what to tell you

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

lol this has come up before, okay so I just did a quick online quote this is the result
PICTURE!

(I made up my name and number and email, other than that all true)

Details:
Date of Birth: July 1990
Marital Status: single
Professional Associations: Queens University
License: M2...since April 2011
Years insured: 2
Address: Belleville, ON
Bike Value: $4000
Mods: No
Riding for work: No
KM/year: 10,000

I cant think of anything else I had to fill out, Only thing left out is my discount for having my car on the same policy...

Soo I dunno what to tell you

My god! I feel bad for you guys up there when 1,214/yr is cheap! I'm mad and I'm not paying even 1/5 of that! (though I wouldn't mind some of that healthcare...)

MakersTeleMark

Reaction score
Visit site
$72 for 12 months. No comp. I figured if I screw up, I shouldn't be riding, or that is a message to not ride, or I won't be riding, just healing on their dime.

Drop in the bucket. Got some new luggage today to compensate.

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site

Don't trust online quote, mostly for bikes. Call them, you'll get a better price then this.

As for me, paying about 300/year in Quebec (haven't received my renewal yet). I'm with intact.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't trust online quote, mostly for bikes. Call them, you'll get a better price then this.

As for me, paying about 300/year in Quebec (haven't received my renewal yet). I'm with intact.

Over in Quebec you don't have the "no fault insurance" though, that's what's driving our rates in Ontario up so high, "If I get hit and its 100% the other drivers fault MY insurance company is the one who has to pay for everything

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got Allstate ins. Paying 66/month for 3 bikes two full coverage one just liability. $500 deductible, $10000 medical coverage n $3000 parts coverage n death coverage(god forbid *knock on wood*)
I'm 22 have 1 nonfault accident and 1 at fault, 2 points on my license, live next to the bronx, ny

My trick is either canceling my insurance or switching back n forth from progressive, geico, and dairyland every year... it's a business n these insurance brokers want ur business so they will drop the price...last year I was paying $92/month w progressive only $5000 medical n no death coverage

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm at $75/year for liability only with Progressive. Theft isn't an issue where I am and if it gets wrecked/broken/damaged, the money I saved on insurance over the years will pay for whatever needs fixing.

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
Over in Quebec you don't have the "no fault insurance" though, that's what's driving our rates in Ontario up so high, "If I get hit and its 100% the other drivers fault MY insurance company is the one who has to pay for everything

The real difference comes from Quebec having two seperate set of insurance. Liability and physical damage.

Personnal insurance only cover physical damage and the plate covers the liability parts. That would be why our plates are so damn high (560 for an FZ6).

in total, the price range are roughly the same.

lukaledoux

Reaction score
Visit site

I have been licensed since October 2012. I ran a couple scenarios through the TD quoter. If I increase my age by a year it drops 300$, and if I say I've been licensed since Oct 2011, it drops another 200$. So its probably just a time thing. I don't have any other insurance with them so I also lose that discount. The quoter from TD is very accurate, calling them doesn't change anything unless you missed any details.