Picked up a 2005 fz6 converted naked. Wanting some wind protection for highway commutes.

Powe11P

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, thought I would make a post finally since I got a 2005 FZ6. My name is Peyton I've been riding almost 2 years and I live in Washington near seattle. This is my second bike coming from a KLR650 as I thought I wanted to start out in the adv life, but it just wasnt as good on the highway as expected and so I got a street bike since I dont hit the dirt often. One thing I have really noticed coming from the KLR is how much the wind actually hits me without having that front fairing while on the highway(I commute around an hour every day on the highway for college/work). The previous owner threw away the old fairings he said the previous owner trashed them on a parkinglot drop or 2. He then put a buell lightning front headlight with windscreen, the lights I think look cool but the windscreen does nothing. So I was curious if it is worth looking at aftermarket front fairing or windscreens I could put on to help get it close to how stock wind protection would feel or if I should search for OEM. Is there any websites out there that could help me find salveged bike parts or motorcycle pick n pull? I'm on a budget and I'm honestly just not trying to feel like the wind blast my whole body at 75-85mph, the bark busters work wonders for my hands on cold mornings. If you have aftermarket frontfairing/windscreen on your fz6 I would love to see it, maybe I can get some inspiration.IMG_2475.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2418.jpg
    IMG_2418.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2421.jpg
    IMG_2421.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 16

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The problem with the OEM fairing is turbulence; it has horrible airflow. The good thing about the OEM is that is is well integrated onto the bike. When I converted my FZ to a naked bike (I’m much happier now) I was able to get over $300 for the fairing. That was more than 5 years ago, so I’d expect it to cost more today.

I have one of those fly screens on my CB900 and I think it does a good job.