How old are you?

How old are you?

• Total voters

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
26, bought my fz6 when I was 24, only a couple years after getting married and buying our first house and getting our dog "Raegan"!

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
0 - 10 is almost a valid entry as some of us have been up on 2 since before we were 10! I'll be fifty by 2014 and the FZ6 is my first street bike (excluding enduros and such). So 42 years of riding but most of that was in the Dirt! :BLAA:

Skill builders along the way were many dirt bikes, loaner street bikes, snow skiiing, water skiiing, stand up Jet Skies, quads and I actively down hill skate board and Mt Bike! Its fair to say that bicycles, skateboards and motorcycles have been and will be my staples. :thumbup:

yaminator

roll, roll me away
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 53 and been crazy about bikes as long as I can remember. I notice 2 things: 1) I'm lucky I survived through my early riding years to make better judgements now which seem to come at this age that allow me to "live to ride another day." 2) I'm just as crazy about bikes as ever. The fz6 has an engine much like a formula one car, with such high revs and bone smoothness. It compliments my other bike beautifully, an old '86 Magna 1100 which is a blazing beast of a cruiser, part chopper part tricky chick, always needs something. Definitely old school. So I just hop on the Yammy anytime I need to pick up a part right quick! Ride, partner.

V45

Reaction score
Visit site
...on my 12th anniversary of my 29th birthday. Rode dirt bikes as a kid, started to street ride in my 20's.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At 54 I fit in with some pretty respectable company. Started riding dirt bikes at 12 in the early 1970's (did I say that out loud?) and left riding for about 28 years. The FZ6 was the perfect bike to experience the performance thrills, but can fit in nicely in the street parked next to a cruiser. I also get some funny looks from younger folks when I take off my helmet to show off my gray hair - what there is of it.:eek:

polydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
28, got my bike when i was 26. rode a suzuki gs500e for a bit when i was 25, before that... a "yamahopper" qt50... put nearly 6000 miles on that thing just exploring around town etc, started riding it before i had a learners permit and rode it for a good 6 years probably. A buddy of mine had a blue qt50, i had a red one, and even on a 30 mph moped I had so much fun. It wasn't about speed but about exploring on a motorized cycle. If i still had it i would still ride it, 100 mpg and a hell of a lot of fun. Now riding a 98hp fz6 I feel like it has all the power I need and probably won't upgrade until i can fully utilize the bikes potential and feel i need something more. As for now, i couldn't ask for more than this bike gives me. I love our FZ6's; nakeds, faired, custom, stock, doesn't matter they're all awesome and great bikes.

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 29. I took the Michigan msf with my dad when I was 18 and my dad promptly bought a v-strom 1000 that is still going strong today. I road that a handful of times and really liked the upright position; however, it was to tall. My brother used to have an Aprilia 1000 that I really liked, but there was no way he'd let me ride it other than pillion....he just picked up a kawi w800 that I am again jealous of. So after seeing my family be so happy with their bikes I finally had enough money to get a bike myself 2 years ago and am quite happy with the fz. That is until we have a kid and my wife tells me I have to sell it. :eek:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 54.

I rode from age 13 till about 27. I'd finished grad school and started a suit & tie job, and my first was born. Riding just felt different. Now the three kids are in college or out and working. My wife never asked me or insinuated that I should stop and now she's supportive of my new interest. (yay!)

I'm starting again carefully and I've signed up for the MSF permit course weekend after next.

I'm REALLY enjoying my cobalt 2008 FZ6. I'm the third owner but she only had 3800 miles when I got her last week.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Hee. I need to change my vote because I'm much older now than I was when the poll started. :cheer: