How to cancel ABS light completely after speeedo swap

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the progress of swapping a S2 speedo to my S1 bike.
I've found a Fz1 speedo for the swap, eveything looks plug and play except the ABS light is always on.
How can i completely cancel that light, if anyone knows, would be useful.

I'm using a S2 non ABS headlight wiring harness. It looks like one pin is more when bike has ABS feature. And that wire (Green with red dots) is for ABS warning indicator light.

Untitled-1.jpg

s-02.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Some pictures.

Demir-01.jpg

ERNA- PARCA- 25.06.2016-Model.jpg

Thanks to Lean. He sent me cad drawings, i made little modifications and sent to laser cut.
Then i bent it by hand.

Demir-02.jpg

Demir-03.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool!!! And how is the rest of the functionality? Speedo, tach, diagnostic mode and all that?

As for the led. From ground to Green/red trace, measure it with a volt meter. It must have power operate that light. What does it connect to on the FZ? It looks like you may just be able to unplug it!

Tell us some details? Were the connectors the same?

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Ozgur and Final,

I don't know if resistor helps,
It seems, everything works fine, didn't check diagnostic mode though. I used FZ6 S2 headlight wiring loom, main difference is the speedo socket and i found that, S2 headlight loom has an extra ground cable with a single exposed pin, i don't know why. By the way, S2 wiring harness has no ABS warning light pin, it's empty. But the led is always on somehow.

Some more pictures. Not finished yet. Just trying to fit, not going bad.
I cut 2cm of the bracket. It was too long, Lean has prıduced them adjustable but i didn't, so i cut and soldered again. I don't think it can be seen after black paint.

A-01.jpg

A-02.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Notice abs led is not going to common gnd like the other leds. Where does it go and what does it connect too?
Try powering that pin with 12v through your 150 ohm resistor. If you have 2k res, it may be a better choice. Try both.
That said, most of the internals on the cluster are powered by 5vdc. There is a slim chance it may want +5vdc.
If 12v + doesnt extinguish it, let us know.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
At last i finished installing speedo and an extra gear indicator is on the way.
I plugged + and ground to the parking light plug. There are 3 more wires, to plug. Still not completed.

Tako-01.jpg

By the way, this new speedo doesn't show engine temperature as bars like in the S1 speedo.
And it has no engine temperature is good to go indicator also, does it?
In S1 speedo, rpm winks, while the choke is on.

Last edited: