How to start with construction of my dream house?

Samuel

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good resource to find contractors? I have been looking online and all I have seen are sites where you have to describe the job then wait to get called from a contractor or if I find a directory type of site there is a limited number of contractors in my area, but I know there are many more. I am trying to build my first house and I was planning on hiring all the contractors so I need a good resource to find them. Something with reviews and article would also be very beneficial, please let me know if anyone knows of a good place to look.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a little confused...did you mistake this as a house building forum?

We do discuss all sorts of things but we usually take some time talking about bikes forst.

2nd post and we are house builders...strange...we can build garages for bikes. Would that be of any use?

By the way this was Samuels 1st post

http://www.600riders.com/forum/main...13617-help-me-find-proficient-contractor.html

Samuel do you actually own any bike or have you heard how clever we are at fixing things?

Steve

Last edited:

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
With abit of research you can build it yourself. I don't know the laws where you live but just go to some websites to find out. If you hire a contractor unless he does it all, he/she will line up all the subs. It won't be easy but why pay anymore than you have to? I'm saying this from experince, if we can do it so can you. This comes with a warning it will put your marriage to the test, but it's VERY do'able. The money you can save on a contractor you can have some nice upgrades.

Good Luck

Doc

C

Corris

Best of luck to you building your first house, it’s an adventure. I would recommend talking to your neighbors and friends and see if they know any contractors they worked with in the past. Since I’m sure you already did that you should try http://www.jobtrio.com/ I found that they have a very easy to use search. They have the biggest list of contractors I have seen to date, plus you can write reviews and read their articles.