I hate that bolt!

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
Been putting some new ballasts on the bike and had to take off the side trim and the trim around the cluster. There are two bolts that go in the trim around the cluster..the upper ones...I hate trying the put those back in! Takes me forever, I can never get them lined up right:mad:
Anyone else have something that you just hate working on cause you know it's gonna be a PIA?

tommyardin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hiya,
I just signed up on this forum tonight and have just realised it's a FZ6 forum and not a FZS forum as I thought, that will teach me to put my glasses on when working on the puter. lol
But the Fazer FZS has a couple of black Phillips head screws right down the front of the fairing that bolt to the headlamp carrier, man they are a couple of bitches to get back in.
an other SOAB of a job was changing the downpipes and collector on my FZS, everything is in the wrong place to be able to get to the manifold nuts, and why is it that it's always the most difficult to get at that shears off? It took me a couple of days to change my downpies getting out the broken studs from the head.
Anyway I will stop whinging now its a small price to pay for the privilege of owning a great bike.

But I still love my carburetors.

steve.getsiv

Reaction score
Visit site
Been putting some new ballasts on the bike and had to take off the side trim and the trim around the cluster. There are two bolts that go in the trim around the cluster..the upper ones...I hate trying the put those back in! Takes me forever, I can never get them lined up right:mad:
Anyone else have something that you just hate working on cause you know it's gonna be a PIA?

I got my 2007 FZ6 about 6 weeks ago and I've taken that same trim piece out about 4 or 5 times. I struggled a bit the first time with the exact same bolts especially on the left side. Seemed a lot easier the last couple times I pulled it apart.

The biggest PITA I have ever experienced is changing tires on this bike. Wow. I ended up with a harbor freight set up - had to change out the center post to a piece of 3/4" all thread. Took me almost two days to change both tires - 12+ hours. It does feel great to be done with that project! Got a new set of Pirelli Angel GT's on there now. Hoping for some decent weather so I can get out for a ride soon.

Phil in Maine

Reaction score
Visit site
The worst thing has been the snap ring holding the fork seal in place. It has to place to really grab it to remove it, and was the biggest pain to get it out. It took forever to get them out on my wife's 05, and I need to change the seals on my 07, so I'm hoping my learning experience pays off for mine.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Last edited: