I have to keep telling myself its not a 600

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you guys need to be riding mopeds. I take my bike to redline every time I take it out. It is not a cruiser and I did not get it to ride it like one. I do not ride around like a maniac in town but I live in the mountains and I ride the bike like it was built to be ridden. There is no sense in getting a sporty bike if you are not going to take it over 5000rpms lol.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you guys need to be riding mopeds. I take my bike to redline every time I take it out. It is not a cruiser and I did not get it to ride it like one. I do not ride around like a maniac in town but I live in the mountains and I ride the bike like it was built to be ridden. There is no sense in getting a sporty bike if you are not going to take it over 5000rpms lol.
Sounds like you need to be on a track. Why the F would I redline my bike to get to work in the city? No need to do 60mph in a 35 zone. Who said we don't take them over 5k anyways? I've had it up there, but it was getting on the highway or pulling out of a tight corner in the back roads.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Peak horse power is generally falling off a little after 12k on the FZ6 so why not up shift? Once you hit the limiter you're loosing efficiency because you've lost firing and then the motor has to recover. You don't have to watch the tach to know where 12k is just remember the note/sound. :)

Of course this will be in a different spot on other bikes but the same idea applies to efficiency. Looking at a baseline dyno maps should give you an average for where your model bike makes it's best HP. :)

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Peak horse power is generally falling off a little after 12k on the FZ6 so why not up shift? Once you hit the limiter you're loosing efficiency because you've lost firing and then the motor has to recover. You don't have to watch the tach to know where 12k is just remember the note/sound. :)

Of course this will be in a different spot on other bikes but the same idea applies to efficiency. Looking at a baseline dyno maps should give you an average for where your model bike makes it's best HP. :)

not always true, it lands you in a better rpm in the next gear depending on the bike/car.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you need to be on a track. Why the F would I redline my bike to get to work in the city? No need to do 60mph in a 35 zone. Who said we don't take them over 5k anyways? I've had it up there, but it was getting on the highway or pulling out of a tight corner in the back roads.

I was at the track last weekend actually. Sounds like you need a minivan or scooter lol. The bus may work even better if you are stuck in traffic for your daily commute. I have mountain roads in every direction so I will continue to take the bike to redline each and every day I am on the bike and laughing and having fun while I do it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
not always true, it lands you in a better rpm in the next gear depending on the bike/car.

Our bike gears are close ratio so bouncing off the rev limiter probably will not put you in your sweet spot.. :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Very true if your drag racing/trying to accelerate etc. However, the R's can carry you through a corner too when the next gear is too high.

We all have different styles, different roads to ride, different reasons to ride and obviously different styles an all that jazz. Weather you admit to bending the laws or not that is your choice as a rider and we're all responsible for ourselves. The key ingredient is we can't be irresponsible and place others in harms way. So, however you ride, be safe!

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder how long my engine would last, bouncing off the rev limiter for a 1000 miles a month?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

First off, you don't know what traffic conditions are where others are riding, period. To say you should run it to redline all the time, besides being irresponsible, is just flat stupid..:rolleyes:

Perhaps I need moped or perhaps I've "grown up". I respect MY life and don't want want to potentially hurt others by running 70 MPH (red line in first) in a 35 MPH zone, etc. LOL

Ride your ride the way you want, I just hope you don't hurt anyone else, that's what tracks are for...

Just curious, approx how old are you, (seriously)?

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

On my route home from work I have a chance to join the traffic flow while making a right on red. The road is four lanes wide each side and the posted sped limit is 55, however traffic flow is closer to 65 mph. This is the perfect opportunity to max out first to get up to speed. The couple of times that I have hit the rev limiter I have noticed a significant drop in power. On my bike it seems to be around 12-13 k rpms. Depending on the bike/engine, the trick is to determine where that apex of the power curve is and quickly upshift for max performance before it falls away. But I must say the look you get from the motorist in the adjacent lane when they realize that you have caught up to them in a few seconds can be priceless. Blah

One question.....mrphotoman, how are you able to redline a one liter bike on mountain roads? :confused:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First off, you don't know what traffic conditions are where others are riding, period. To say you should run it to redline all the time, besides being irresponsible, is just flat stupid..:rolleyes:

Perhaps I need moped or perhaps I've "grown up". I respect MY life and don't want want to potentially hurt others by running 70 MPH (red line in first) in a 35 MPH zone, etc. LOL

Ride your ride the way you want, I just hope you don't hurt anyone else, that's what tracks are for...

Just curious, approx how old are you, (seriously)?

lmao, who said i ran it to redline in 1st constantly, i certainly did not. you are in flat as a pancake florida so you do not get to experience riding the bike in the corners. no one said to run your bike from the time you start it to the time you shut it off at redline. use some common sense you guys, what you are insinuating is simply silly. It really does sound like you guys are doing what is best for your riding skill level, keep running your bikes around at 3k to 5k and going in a straight line and be happy. I would not suggest running your bikes hard, they will explode if you go beyond 5200rpms. VERY dangerous to exceed that rpm level. Scary too!

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
I was at the track last weekend actually. Sounds like you need a minivan or scooter lol. The bus may work even better if you are stuck in traffic for your daily commute. I have mountain roads in every direction so I will continue to take the bike to redline each and every day I am on the bike and laughing and having fun while I do it.

These comments are pretty ridiculous and uninformed. You're saying that because I live in the city and don't have interest in killing others or having my license suspended I should get a moped or minivan? C'mon dude..

I'm all for having fun and gunnin the bike, but I do it in a responsible way and location. Out in the country, the highway etc.

Truthfully..redlining a bike every time you ride it doesn't really make you bad a$$, it just makes you look like you're trying to be, as do your past couple posts..

Last edited:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder how long my engine would last, bouncing off the rev limiter for a 1000 miles a month?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

If you leave it there not very long, but if you just ride it and maintain it. For a long time.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
These comments are pretty ridiculous and uninformed. You're saying that because I live in the city and don't have interest in killing others or having my license suspended I should get a moped or minivan? C'mon dude..

I'm all for having fun and gunnin the bike, but I do it in a responsible way and location. Out in the country, the highway etc.

Truthfully..redlining a bike every time you ride it doesn't really make you bad a$$, it just makes you look like you're trying to be, as do your past couple posts..

So you never ever break the law huh? If you don't feel free to keep judging others, but if you went 1 over before (still breaking the law) than please just stop.

If I want to go down the interstate redlining in first gear that's really none of your business. Badass or not.

Last edited:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site

lmao, so i am interested in killing people because my bike hits redline each time i ride it. Now that is funny as hell! Again, you guys are not using common sense or reason for what you are thinking i am out doing. i am not riding around with a sword chopping people up on a flaming bike like in the movies or cartoons. that is not real, that is make believe. I hope you truly do not think that is reality.

Motorcycles have a range of gears and rpms you can use while riding. There are may roads in many places around the world where you can use those gears and rpms to run the bike through like it was designed and as a result you enjoy the experience. It is not terrifying, it is not hard on the bike, it is not causing destruction to the fabric of time. It is simply called riding your bike. You really should try it sometime, if you do not have common sense however you really should not be on a bike at all.

Of course you can not:
ride on a school playground full of children
ride 100mph blindfolded while holding scissors in one hand
ride 50mph into a brick wall
eat broken glass
drink poison

those are all no no's.

You can however:
enjoy riding in the mountains on your bike at above 5000rpms
run your bike to redline at appropriate times without harm
shift gears when needed without harm
go around a corner and lean the bike
etc

You are taking a comment about running a bike to redline and assuming someone running 150mph through a crowded city street possibly on fire with demons flying out of potholes and a black hole forming. That is simply not reality. Take a deep breath, try to think reasonably and use some common sense. maybe watch a few youtube videos of bikes going beyond 5000rpms on the street without issue. It really is going to be okay. :cheer:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't the R6 who's motor the fazer is derived from redline at 16k and not 14? I am sure it could handle it.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
lmao, so i am interested in killing people because my bike hits redline each time i ride it. Now that is funny as hell! Again, you guys are not using common sense or reason for what you are thinking i am out doing. i am not riding around with a sword chopping people up on a flaming bike like in the movies or cartoons. that is not real, that is make believe. I hope you truly do not think that is reality.

Motorcycles have a range of gears and rpms you can use while riding. There are may roads in many places around the world where you can use those gears and rpms to run the bike through like it was designed and as a result you enjoy the experience. It is not terrifying, it is not hard on the bike, it is not causing destruction to the fabric of time. It is simply called riding your bike. You really should try it sometime, if you do not have common sense however you really should not be on a bike at all.

Of course you can not:
ride on a school playground full of children
ride 100mph blindfolded while holding scissors in one hand
ride 50mph into a brick wall
eat broken glass
drink poison

those are all no no's.

You can however:
enjoy riding in the mountains on your bike at above 5000rpms
run your bike to redline at appropriate times without harm
shift gears when needed without harm
go around a corner and lean the bike
etc

You are taking a comment about running a bike to redline and assuming someone running 150mph through a crowded city street possibly on fire with demons flying out of potholes and a black hole forming. That is simply not reality. Take a deep breath, try to think reasonably and use some common sense. maybe watch a few youtube videos of bikes going beyond 5000rpms on the street without issue. It really is going to be okay. :cheer:

No has here has never said they don't redline it.

Your blowing the whole thread WAY out of proportion. Your the one endorsing hitting redline everytime you go out, (you may want to read your earlier posts).

How I ride my bike is MY BUSINESS. How you ride yours is your business.

If you feel you have to ride the bike to its limits, have at it!!! We'll read about it in the obits! You can be the greatest rider in the world, it takes one cage to take your butt out!!!

Just because I don't, why do you care??? I'm enjoying my ride, if it doesn't hit 13,000 RPM's , so what????

My good ole Faltastan takes out bikes that push beyond their limits or the limits of their bike / road, etc.

This thread is going no where, even WFO, have fun with your bike, I will with mine..Blah

I'm still curous as to how old (roughly) you are, but I guess we'll never know (20's I suspect)..

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:popcorn::popcorn:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4HacOPHTR8"]5 Best Moments In Family Feud Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

@ChevyFazer Travis look what you started! Blah

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Here is exactly where YOU SAID YOU TAKE YOUR BIKE OUT TO REDLINE everythime you take it out.. LOL!!!!, no $hit..