I hope they throw the book at him!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rider killed.

Disgusting - hit and run on the freeway yesterday - HiLux hit a rider and a Subaru Outback. He didn't stop. He drove off dragging the rider behind for up to 1km. It was peak hour traffic - unbelievable.

Police got him within 2 hours after a big manhunt. 55 year old man.

Seriously, it could have been an accident where the rider survived but he didn't stop and dragged him along the road. Who could do such a thing?

Rider was 34.

Man charged after motorcyclist killed in Mitchell Freeway hit-and-run crash

WTF is wrong with people in society these days?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's Grim! Poor Rider. POOR Family! Gonna be some hate. That really sucks!

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Thoughts to the riders family, so sad and useless! Every time I get on the bike remind myself that most of the people out there care enough to not do someone harm. However there are a small number of folks who really don't care. Those I try and avoid/get away from.

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, I hadn't heard about that. I'm actually seeing traffic noticing us a bit more in Perth, always scary to read about these...

I must say watching a few of the guys riding up that freeway, I hope they read this and start taking it a bit easy, and wearing their gear. So many temporary citizens on our roads.

Please don't read this as me defending the **** who killed him, but I would say a majority of the riders I see in Perth are t-shirts and shorts, I noted when I was out on the 39 degree Monday, I didn't see another person on a bike in full gear, I was...

Last edited:

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
Goes to court on 22nd Jan, we have a rule here that the cops can suspend your license on the spot for up to 2 months. I think it is only for drink driving but I sure hope its not and they have suspended his at least until court..

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Drug the bike and rider for almost 1km on a freeway? You're telling me NO other cars stopped him? Say what you want about Americans but here at least 3 rednecks would have boxed that truck in and forced him to stop and at least 10 smart phone videos of him dragging the rider would have been recorded. :spank:

What a tragedy! This is above and beyond manslaughter! This should be pinned on him as a murder if he knew the rider or bike were being drug.

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
WTF is wrong with people in society these days?

The loss and lack of morals is what happened. Here in the US, we have ghetto ass parents arguing and fighting with other people who don't agree with them or don't allow certain uncivil actions to be taken from those parents, all while their kids are watching. Then those kids just grow up to be like their parents... Prime example: EDIT: NSFW because loud language

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DrzCVAJtDw]Atlanta mall cop tasers angry mom - YouTube[/ame]

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Drug the bike and rider for almost 1km on a freeway? You're telling me NO other cars stopped him? Say what you want about Americans but here at least 3 rednecks would have boxed that truck in and forced him to stop and at least 10 smart phone videos of him dragging the rider would have been recorded. :spank:

What a tragedy! This is above and beyond manslaughter! This should be pinned on him as a murder if he knew the rider or bike were being drug.

1km in a 100km zone - wouldn't have taken long to drive this distance. By the time people saw what was happening, he would have already passed them. They wouldn't have had time to take in what was happening, let alone trying to stop him or film it ......

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
1km in a 100km zone - wouldn't have taken long to drive this distance. By the time people saw what was happening, he would have already passed them. They wouldn't have had time to take in what was happening, let alone trying to stop him or film it ......

How much time does it actually take to register what you are seeing when you see a man being drug behind a truck after he was run over in front of your eyes? I saw a hit and run once on the interstate and it was my immediate reaction to run the offending vehicle down and get the license plate number and then wait for police with the guy that got hit.

I would hope someone would do the same for me if I was the victim.