Indicator / turn signal flashing too fast

seadworf

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
i have just replaced my original indicators with 4 clear glass indicators on my FZ6N which i have bought on ebay. Now the new indicators seem to flash twice as fast as the old ones, does anyone know what this could be?
The new indicators have the same voltage but i think different wattage, could that be the cause and if yes can i just replace the bulbs / globes with a stronger ones?
I tried leaving one set of the old indicators on the rear and the new indicators on the front they seem to flash normally, it's only when i have all four of them connected.

ta, for the help.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
i have just replaced my original indicators with 4 clear glass indicators on my FZ6N which i have bought on ebay. Now the new indicators seem to flash twice as fast as the old ones, does anyone know what this could be?
The new indicators have the same voltage but i think different wattage, could that be the cause and if yes can i just replace the bulbs / globes with a stronger ones?
I tried leaving one set of the old indicators on the rear and the new indicators on the front they seem to flash normally, it's only when i have all four of them connected.

ta, for the help.

Do you have all four on... say the front wires only? I know when a car burns out a bulb, the flasher usually flashes twice as fast. If you connected all four to either the front only or to the rear only, maybe that's what is causing the high flash rate. Make sure two are on the front wires and 2 are on the rear... and yes, you may be on to something that the reduced mA draw from the new lights may be causing the high flash rate....

MarcW

full throttle turd nugget
Reaction score
Visit site
are they LED or regular bulbs? if theyre LED you will need an inline resistor to slow the blinking. i like mine fast though :D

S

sportrider

I had the same problem with mine, I installed an LED flasher and the problem was solved

seadworf

Reaction score
Visit site
I basically just replaced the original indicators with the new indicators and wired the exact same cables together as they were. And when i set the indicator to turn left for example the rear and front left both indicate about twice as fast. same goes for the right hand side, but when i set them on hazard lights they all four indicate on the proper speed.
The new indicators use wedge bulbs (no LEDs) that's what's so strange, the only difference is that the new indicators only use 5watt, 12volt bulbs and the old ones used to be 10watts 12volts.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
i simply replaced my signal flasher with a regular aftermarket 12 Volt signal flasher,,the cheaper the better because cheaper ones dont have the "bulb burnt out warning" which causes the signals blink faster....the signal flasher is located inside of the left front fairing...

mines dont blink fast anymore,,,my aftermarket signals are not LED's either but they caused the fast blink also so i changed the signal flasher,cost me $8...i think... and problem solved

seadworf

Reaction score
Visit site
cool, - ta.
Where did you get your signal flasher from, checked ebay and can't find anything for FZ6 there?

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
if you were talking to me here's the link
C LED Electronic Flasher Relay

do you think this would work in his situation? his new signals are not LED's

if this would work than thats good,,,if it doesnt than you can find the aftermarket signal flashers on any car parts,accessories store,,,anywhere that sells spark plugs,fuses and that stuff...

snowmannn

Reaction score
Visit site
AFAIK using different wattage bulbs could cause this effect. You could probably use higher wattage (the original one) and solve the problem. However, I'd check to see if the blinkers are specifically made for 10watts bulbs (i.e. they may get damaged if higher wattage is used).

BTW Does your "hazard lights" work normally? I've got non-original blinkers and mine doesn't work, I should buy a new flasher to solve this :)...

Good luck!

P.S. My blinkers are 20 watts as opposed to yours (10 watts)... this is the original power as described in the owner's manual for '07 S2.