Inspections-Exhaust woes?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, been a while since i actually started a thread :spank:

Anyways i've got my bike booked for a new front tire (finally getting rid of the crappy OEM Dunflop that came with it), new seals -guy at the service desk hassled me on that one "what year was it?" "2010"..."you blew the seals on already?" *nods* "On a VERSYS?!......wheelies?" *shameful nod*...lol

Anyways i'm also getting her inspected because the rear Angel ST is about midlife right now but in July when the inspection is up it'll probably not pass inspection... anyways i switched out my Vance and Hines for the car muffler that came on it just to make sure it passed.

Question being, was that a waste of an hour of my life or has anybody actually failed their inspection due to no CAT or DB's too high?

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, been a while since i actually started a thread :spank:

Anyways i've got my bike booked for a new front tire (finally getting rid of the crappy OEM Dunflop that came with it), new seals -guy at the service desk hassled me on that one "what year was it?" "2010"..."you blew the seals on already?" *nods* "On a VERSYS?!......wheelies?" *shameful nod*...lol

Anyways i'm also getting her inspected because the rear Angel ST is about midlife right now but in July when the inspection is up it'll probably not pass inspection... anyways i switched out my Vance and Hines for the car muffler that came on it just to make sure it passed.

Question being, was that a waste of an hour of my life or has anybody actually failed their inspection due to no CAT or DB's too high?

I highly doubt you would have had any problem.

If you went to CEII, most of those guys are racers anyway.

One thing to remember, it's a SAFETY inspection, so pipe dB shouldn't even factor it.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no idea, but you should move to NJ.. no motorcycle inspection :rof:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Two Brothers with shhh tips and FE kit. I failed the Delaware drive through inspection but NOT for what I anticipated... Turn signals too small, no reflectors on rear side. Guy didn't bat an... ear, on the exhaust.

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
My cousin just had his Ninja ZX6R inspected - the PO gutted the tail and ripped out the exhaust and put straight pipe from the headers to under the tail. Loud as $h!t and the only thing that failed the inspection was a leaking fork.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
My cousin just had his Ninja ZX6R inspected - the PO gutted the tail and ripped out the exhaust and put straight pipe from the headers to under the tail. Loud as $h!t and the only thing that failed the inspection was a leaking fork.

That reminds me of my old KZ. It had a worn out/gutted 4-into-1 Kerker exhaust, and they never batted an eye at it.