Interested in Austin, TX

cdcurrin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All, I've been in the hunt for a bike to commute back and forth to work as well as enjoy on the weekends. With gas prices at their current state, I stand to save quite a bit of money with the mileage boost, plus have a fun weekend toy. I am not entirely new to sport bikes having logged quite a few miles on a CBR 1000RR, and various Harleys throughout my younger 20s. I've stumbled across the FZ6 as what seems like a nice balance of power, economy, agility, and price. I have located very few in this area, and have a few questions on one in particular I have found:

2004 FZ6
The bike appears clean cosmetically, but having never serviced or exclusively ridden jap bikes, I am worried about the mileage. It has 33,500 miles on the clock.

I have a few friends who have taken Harleys well into the 100 thousand mile area with no problems, but am unsure how this correlates to japanese equipment.

Are there any specials things I can look for to be more sure of this bike? Should i shy away without full maintenance records? Do these bikes regularly go 75K + without problems?

Thanks for taking your time to read this. The guy selling is asking $2300 which seems reasonable compared to other things I've seen around here, considering the 10+ month riding season. Look forward to chatting with you guys and joining the club if not with this bike, soon.

-Dan

Sounds like a good deal go for it . But I would look for a nice 2007 -09 model they are selling for a little more but the upgrades are worth it. The FZ6 is a awesome bike you will be happy with it . Good luck !

Back