Is this 'crack' normal?

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
So finally riding weather in the Midwest. Came out to my bike after a ride and noticed the below crack on my left front strut. The other side does not have anything like this. Is this normal?

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: It's normal. Except on my 2009, it's on the right (throttle) side.

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
yup 100% normal, if you look you can see a machine screw running through it that clamps down on your front axle. If you ever want to do your own tires, forks, anything that requires you taking the wheel off that little guy comes in to play and you will cuss yourself if you forget it lol <personal experience

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
anything that requires you taking the wheel off that little guy comes in to play and you will cuss yourself if you forget it lol <personal experience

I have forgotten it once to!

Was wondering why the axle was so hard to unscrew... Thankfully no damage was done!

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
I have forgotten it once to!

Was wondering why the axle was so hard to unscrew... Thankfully no damage was done!

You do enough maintenance, and you're bound to make this mistake. I think I've done it at least two or three times now.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You do enough maintenance, and you're bound to make this mistake. I think I've done it at least two or three times now.

I often hear my wife saying, "That's nice" :rolleyes: and think she's referring to the work I'm doing....

original_plumbers-crack.jpg

Last edited: