Jensen JHD910 installed on bike

HPTuner

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my Jensen jhd910 installed on the bike today. I fabricated a bracket to mount it on the upper handlebar clamp bolts. The bracket also holds the headphone jack(on the left side of the radio). Mounted the rubber antenna on a fabricated bracket which bolts to the bottom of the trunk rack. Wired it up using a switched relay to supply power. The radio appears to have really good reception, plus I can plug in my mp3 player to it as well. I'm gonna love this on my long trips. Didn't think to take any pictures during installation, but here's some of the finished product.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I don't get it but what could you possibly need one of these for? Most if not all MP3 players by now actually have a built-in FM radio anyway. Also, on the road you are going to be blowing through stations every few hours when you get out of range. MP3 player would be the way to go. If these were wired up to some 200+ watt speakers then heck yea! I just don't see the usefulness of this @ $150.

HPTuner

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I don't get it but what could you possibly need one of these for? Most if not all MP3 players by now actually have a built-in FM radio anyway. Also, on the road you are going to be blowing through stations every few hours when you get out of range. MP3 player would be the way to go. If these were wired up to some 200+ watt speakers then heck yea! I just don't see the usefulness of this @ $150.

I have an mp3 player with fm tuner that I have used. It doesn't have enough volume on it's own,so a Boosteroo is needed(I wear earplugs) which goes through AA batteries. FM reception isn't all that great either. But my Sony mp3 player is just too difficult to try to adjust volume or operate with gloves on. I keep the mp3 player and boosteroo in my tankbag,and for me,it was a major pain to stop to do any adjusting. The Jensen has plenty of volume,great reception, and can be adjusted easily on the fly, with gloves. So for me, it is worth every penny. I guess we all spend our money the way we want to , huh?

D

Dave.TX

If you're happy with it then that's what matters. Nice fabrication and installation job. Reminds me I have a spare XM tuner here that was in my last car. Thought for an instant that I should mount it to my bike but then my MP3 player is loud enough for me to hear. As much as I like XM I find I change channels frequently whenever a song comes on that I don't like. My Microsoft ZuneHD has a built in FMHD tuner but I haven't tried it on the road. I've found reception just walking around is marginal, goes in and out of HD. Your setup would be much more reliable.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're happy with it then that's what matters. Nice fabrication and installation job. Reminds me I have a spare XM tuner here that was in my last car. Thought for an instant that I should mount it to my bike but then my MP3 player is loud enough for me to hear. As much as I like XM I find I change channels frequently whenever a song comes on that I don't like. My Microsoft ZuneHD has a built in FMHD tuner but I haven't tried it on the road. I've found reception just walking around is marginal, goes in and out of HD. Your setup would be much more reliable.

I also have the zune HD, and it's great when you're in a good spot an pick up HD consistantly... unfortunately, like you say, it pops in and out of HD creating weird vibes... wish you could select something that said just use the standard radio:(

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
I see where that can help I suppose.

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones I have been using, can't remember the brand off hand =/

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice install!

Saw your Chevy 502 and Camaro, I want them, very, very nice!!

BTW, I installed a Sony AM/FM radio to the side of my 3/4 Shoei helmet visor, LS. I split the head speakers apart and velcroed them into the ear pockets while running the antenna/speaker wire into a small circle tucked in just behind the shield.

I wanted the speakers a little closer to my ears so I made a spacer of Velcro stuck together to bring the speakers in.

Should it rain, I can pop the radio off and out of the weather. I can easily hear the stereo at 70 MPH with the 3/4 helmet and shield. The radio stays with the helmet most of the time(short of inclimate weather).

For road trips, (or no radio stations around), I made a small bracket that holds my MP3 player in front of the GPS. I then plug the MP3 into the speaker/antenna wire. Again, should the weather go bad, I can pop it off quickly.

The actual mount for the stereo are 2 plastic wire ties, that after drilling 4 holes in the side of the face shield are inserted horizontally. The stereo clips over them (as if it was your waist band)

HPTuner

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice install!

Saw your Chevy 502 and Camaro, I want them, very, very nice!!

BTW, I installed a Sony AM/FM radio to the side of my 3/4 Shoei helmet visor, LS. I split the head speakers apart and velcroed them into the ear pockets while running the antenna/speaker wire into a small circle tucked in just behind the shield.

I wanted the speakers a little closer to my ears so I made a spacer of Velcro stuck together to bring the speakers in.

Should it rain, I can pop the radio off and out of the weather. I can easily hear the stereo at 70 MPH with the 3/4 helmet and shield. The radio stays with the helmet most of the time(short of inclimate weather).

For road trips, (or no radio stations around), I made a small bracket that holds my MP3 player in front of the GPS. I then plug the MP3 into the speaker/antenna wire. Again, should the weather go bad, I can pop it off quickly.

The actual mount for the stereo are 2 plastic wire ties, that after drilling 4 holes in the side of the face shield are inserted horizontally. The stereo clips over them (as if it was your waist band)

Sounds like you have a neat setup there. I like the fact it is self-contained!

Yeah, I do a lot of engine building & tuning for folks. I can't afford them, so I work on them for everybody else! LOL! Pay no attention to the nitrous bottles...:D