Jrotc

H

HavBlue

My grandson is an honor student and currently moving into his second year of Navy JROTC. As a freshman in high school he has achieved many things not generally done in the first year including achieving the rank of Petty Officer. At this years awards ceremony he was awarded the Scottish Rite of Freemasonary, which is given to the one member of the corp that has shown outstanding scholastic excellence and demonstrated an outstanding support of the Government of The United States. He will be attending leadership camp (on a free ride) over this summer which when successfully completed will give him the rank of Ensign. If he completes the required training he will be the first freshman to do so in the history of that program. He is currently taking all AP classes and is looking for an appointment to Annapolis on a free ride. Logan is the 29th member of our family to go Navy since WW1. We have had a total of 34 during that time. 27 Navy, 2 Marine, 2 Army and 3 Air Force.

Never let it be said this family won't stand tall for them Stars and Stripes.

Semper Fi.... OOH RAH

Charlie

W

wrightme43

Congratulate him from a ex submarine sonarman. Real sailors sink their ships on purpose, or as we said, Death from below.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats to him and thank you all, who have served or are still serving, for protecting my freedom!

-Eric - former U.S. Army!

H

HavBlue

Congrats to him and thank you all, who have served or are still serving, for protecting my freedom!

-Eric - former U.S. Army!

Navy, 52
Army, 49

Longest streak; Navy ongoing since 2001 when Army won.

The first games were traded back and forth between Annapolis and West Point.

Since 2001 we "Navy" has been cleaning Army's proverbial clock on the gridiron. Good luck in December and thanks for serving...

Charlie

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Charlie, I can see why you are so proud of Logan, I am happy for him and I am happy for Grandpa. It is so cool to see the younger generations achieve great things. It sounds to me like he is a motivated young man who will accomplish whatever he wishes in life. I think he has had good guidence to this point and I'm sure to all points beyond.

While the Navy is not my cup of tea it is a honorable and storied branch of service.

I can trace my family back to the Civil War. I have a diary of a great, great, great whatever, who was a Union Infantry Leuitenant. From reading his writtings all he did was walk for four years!!! But I guess that make sence, I never wrote to my family of engagements and near misses. Didn't want to worry them.

Give Logan a hug and a big HOUAH for me!

H

HavBlue

Charlie, I can see why you are so proud of Logan, I am happy for him and I am happy for Grandpa. It is so cool to see the younger generations achieve great things. It sounds to me like he is a motivated young man who will accomplish whatever he wishes in life. I think he has had good guidence to this point and I'm sure to all points beyond.

While the Navy is not my cup of tea it is a honorable and storied branch of service.

I can trace my family back to the Civil War. I have a diary of a great, great, great whatever, who was a Union Infantry Leuitenant. From reading his writtings all he did was walk for four years!!! But I guess that make sence, I never wrote to my family of engagements and near misses. Didn't want to worry them.

Give Logan a hug and a big HOUAH for me!

By the time Logan was 9 years old he had read Carl Sagen's book titled Cosmos and understood it. By the time he was 11 he had read Rachel Carson's book titled "Silent Spring" and again understood it. He was selected for entry into the International Baccalaureate Program in the 6th grade. This is a critical thinking program for gifted kids that is driven by means of recruitment and a strict selection process. When we first came to Kentucky it was difficult for Logan's teachers because he was so far ahead scholastically. He has, for some time now, had a desire to work for NASA but not as an astronaut. Rather, he wants to be an engineer and has shown an interest in flight systems. This kid is beyond analytical and you will often here him ask, relative to what? At 15 it drives my daughter and her husband nuts because the kid is pretty much smarter than they are but he lacks the experience that years bring on. Either way, he is driven by focus and desire.

I too had a problem with the Navy and chose to be in a Department of the Navy instead. It was one of the best times of my life and I wouldn't have traded it for the world Sarge.