Just got my Barracuda windshield for my naked FZ6

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all. The delivery guy has gone and left me a sexy windshield. I haven't got the time right now to mount it but I will post some pictures tonight. It came in a Barracuda branded box, inside there were lots of air-bags and also 2 mounting plates and some screws (besides the actual windshield :D ). There's an instruction set but it's in italian. it's pretty straight forward anyway.
Seems to me that they make high quality products, I like the finish at he details.

Here's are some preliminary pictures.

I finished installing it. It was a breeze. Just mount the 2 plates on each side of the windshield with 2 bolts on each side. Then you have to unmount the headlight (2 bolts on each site), unmount the turn signals (you have to disconnect them and pull apart) then remount signals with the windshield attached to the headlight so that the turn signals go thru the gap in the windshield and into the headlight again. Attach internally the connectors for each turn signal then remount headlight. At this point you are almost done. Just unscrew the bolt that tightens the upper part of the fork leg on one side, insert an extender where the bolt went in (provided by barracuda) and use the new bolt (also provided by barracuda) to retighten with the plate from the windshield in between (the windshield plate has 4 wholes, 2 for bolts to secure the windshield, larger one for turn-signals to go thru and another one for attaching the plate to the fork leg. Do the same on the other side, re-check and tighten to spec all bolts involved and you're good to go.
These are some junk photos I just took at night time. Tomorrow I'll make better ones and post them from more angles.
I also did a test run and I am so impressed. I got like 40km/h more confort at top speed when I feel the wind in my chest. So without windshield the wind was getting pretty annoying at about 120km/h, now it starts to get ugly at about 160km/h. I managed to get 140km/h in confort zone so I say it was money well spent especially because I love to take long trips once in a while. So there you go, the Barracuda windshield for FZ6N 2004.

p.s. now I hate my mirrors :(

The bar is stock but I will change it for fz1 one. My wrists are hurting bad after long trips. If you are talking about the grips then yes I changed them. For knock offs from ebay. Cost 12-14$ a pair shipping included, but it was the worst deal ever. They don't have grip whatsoever, they only look better than stock. I will change those asap and don't recommend anyone to get such crap.

Back