Just Sharing..

Yanzer49

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys, just want to share...
The other time went for PumPet.. my bike went out of fuel just
the exit of an expressway. Had to push my bike to the Petrol Kiosk.
Its a surprise to know how many litres this FZ6 can hold.
I filled up 20.201 liters of petrol.
Mileage was 410km with 90+km to the reserve tank.

Amount of fuel pumped in RM(Ringgit Malaysia)
http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00187ab2.jpg

Filled up to the brim
http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00188gj1.jpg

In the net it says 19.4Litres, manual says 19.8litres but see how much i got?
hehehe..

Cheers guys!!!

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks mate,
Thats a good tank range:
410 km = 254.762 mi. was that on straight roads at cruising speeds? I rarely get those type of figures.

Yanzer49

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks mate,
Thats a good tank range:
410 km = 254.762 mi. was that on straight roads at cruising speeds? I rarely get those type of figures.

Nope city riding plus expressways... speed between 85-140km/hr..
i actually blasted around 180km/hr for the last few km..
Me n gf just laughed when bike ran out of fuel.. just 500m from the kiosk..

H

HavBlue

Thanks mate,
Thats a good tank range:

That 254 miles is the farthest I have ever gone but I had plenty to spare as I only put in like 4.7 US gallons. I was probably on reserve for 20 or so miles.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Here we go again: metric versus the crazy US system of measurement. The US is so backassbackwards. The worse part is that the US just isn't even capable of learning a new system as it has shown---when was it?---during the 70's or 80's. The government tried to change over but the populace proved to be too dumb. It's a no wonder when Americans travel abroad they are often viewed as so simple minded and uninformed (FZ6-Forum members largely excluded). Am I slamming my own country over this? YES! It's embarassing that, for the benefit of incoming generations, one US generation just can't suck it up and learn a new trick. Our leaders don't even attempt to bring up the subject; they know that it's a sure way to lose an election.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the most I got out of mine was about 230 miles, and it had just dipped into the reserve. I try not to let it get that low... call me paranoid. 254... that's pretty dang good... stinks you had to push it the little bit to the gas station though!

Now, as for this quote...
Here we go again: metric versus the crazy US system of measurement. The US is so backassbackwards. The worse part is that the US just isn't even capable of learning a new system as it has shown---when was it?---during the 70's or 80's. The government tried to change over but the populace proved to be too dumb. It's a no wonder when Americans travel abroad they are often viewed as so simple minded and uninformed (FZ6-Forum members largely excluded). Am I slamming my own country over this? YES! It's embarassing that, for the benefit of incoming generations, one US generation just can't suck it up and learn a new trick. Our leaders don't even attempt to bring up the subject; they know that it's a sure way to lose an election.

:hijack: :D

Rushiku

Reaction score
Visit site

Very embarrassing, indeed.

After the fall, as we work in unregulated factories, again, manufacturing the World's goods, again, we'll be forced to use and learn the metric system - so economic failure does have an upside at least ;)

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
That 254 miles is the farthest I have ever gone but I had plenty to spare as I only put in like 4.7 US gallons. I was probably on reserve for 20 or so miles.

254 wow!

I fill up at 180miles when my last fuel line starts blinking... either I can ride more that I think or my bike is sucking gas bad...

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
I learned the metric system in school in The United States. Las Vegas to be exact. How old are you two? Do you have any part in the school system yourselves? This is America Land of the free. If you wanna make a difference do something about it. :rockon::america::america::america::america:

Rushiku

Reaction score
Visit site
I, probably somewhat optimistically, believe that most Americans already know the metric system - if not, I can teach them in about five minutes.

The issue, then, is not knowledge of the system, but usage of the system. Using it entails a difficult period of transition, changing signs, having two sets of tools, speed signs, speedometers, labeling, container sizing, etc, etc, etc. Though, we do have, oh, the records of the transition for every country in entire world (other than two little countries just big enough to fit in your pocket) to guide us, how hard can it be?

I heard once (citation?) that conversion to metric was to be a joint effort between Canada and USA, but didn't quite go as planned - more like:

USA: "Hey dude, we should, like, totally do the metric system!"

Canada: "Metric, eh? I dunno."

USA: "Oh yeah, it'll be the bomb! Everyone else is doing it. We'll be able to, like, ask for the next size larger socket without needing a calculator. It'll totally be like: 'Hey dude, gimme the 10 cuz this 9 is too small' instead of 'Hey, uh, dude gimme the, uh, y'know, the one bigger than this one, I think it's half of something' and you'd say 'yeah, uh, is it an eighth bigger you want or a sixteenth? An eighth? So, that's, uh, two goes into eight four times...so that half is...four over eight, plus the eighth bigger...five eighths?' and I'd say: 'Nah, this one is too big, gimme the smaller one' and you'd say: 'So that's, uh, sixteenths? Uh, eight goes into sixteen twice, so...frack it, where's the hammer?'"

Canada: "Yeah, I know, eh?, that really blows. Let's do it!"

USA: "Rock on! You go first."

Later...

USA: "Gee, looks like you're having trouble with that..."

Canada: "Yeah, way more to converting all our signs and stuff than we really thought...this is getting expensive!"

USA: "Hmm, yeah...good luck with that, see ya!"

Ok, I made all that up, but it was believable ;).

Anyway, I found this interesting: "The U.S. adopted the metric system in 1866. What the U.S. has failed to do is to restrict or prohibit the use of traditional units in areas touching the ordinary citizen: construction, real estate transactions, retail trade, and education. The U.S. has not made the crucial transition from "soft metric" to "hard metric", so that "1 pint (473 mL)" becomes "500 mL (1.057 pint)", with the traditional equivalent fading into smaller type sizes and finally disappearing." link

I really hate that we're the last kid on the block that still can't tie their shoes...

Fun Fact: 1790: Thomas Jefferson proposed a decimal based measurement system for the USA. A subsequent vote in the USA congress to replace the current UK-based system by a metric system was lost by only one vote. (dammit, dammit, dammit!)

I'm not seeing much in the line of an existing movement to get the metric system adopted in America. How do we get the ball rolling?