Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive - SE Wisconsin

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Being from southeast Wisconsin I'v always wanted to check out the Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive.

Getting ready for a long ride never seems to go smoothly for me, I typically tape my route onto my gas tank with painters tape. The only issue was I had left my tape in the garage and it got damp from the humidity and wouldn't stick. I had to run to Walmart to get a new roll. After I finally got the bike ready I felt the need to grab a photo or two.

Anyways I started from the Lone Tree Bluff at the southern end of the forest.

I followed the road north through some tight roads that just so happened to be covered in debris from last nights storm. It was still an experience. I had a couple oh **** moments with gravel and twig dodging while going a little too hot through the curves.

I had to make a quick stop while riding through some Wisconsin farm land to grab a shot of the bike with this epic church in the background. Nothing like a beautiful church on a hilltop.

Eventually I made it back into the forest and grabbed a few more photos of my bike, but off the road this time. (Not very far off the road :D.)

After some more riding I made it to Elkhart Lake (the home of Road America) where the scenic drive ends.

On the way home I just had to stop in Milwaukee, I love the architecture of the city. The Churches are my favorite, they sure don't make them like they used to....

What what did I think about my first experience with Kettle Moraine?

Let me tell you, it didn't disappoint. Sure none of the curves were tight enough to get a knee down. Yet, 114 miles of curvy roads is something that isn't easy to come by in this state so it was still a blast.

The route had a good combination of curves, straights, forest, farmland, etc. There were fun high speed corners and low speed corners that let you enjoy nature.

I think I'll be taking this route again.

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been at that Church on the hill top!
at the EAA Oshkosh Air Show one year,
Ran down to a cheese factory in Theresa,
In an old barn,Damn Good Brick Cheese!
Got a cooler of cheese and smoked sausage.
YUM!!!
Went driving and saw the church in the distance.
Had to go check it out.
Buses rolling in & out like Disneyland!
Pretty buildings.
$$$$:rolleyes:
:cool:
Rich
Edit: Didn't tell you how nice your Pictures are!
Thanks for posting them!

Last edited: