Lance Armstrong - Doping Accusations

D

Dave.TX

I quit caring a long time ago. He's a big deal here in Austin but I don't have any of his LiveStrong junk. He's just another one of the billions of people I'll never meet.

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
Its more of the same old crap, different day.

Of course when they close one case concerning doping allegations against him, another corp. is going to open one.

He has never been found guilty of charges, and in the USA, if I remember correctly, innocent until proven guilty. Some may say, well don't they have evidence that shows him guilty? Depends on the quality of that evidence.

He is a great rider, who truely cares about the sports, and promotes it / along with his cancer foundation as much as he possibly can. The man has given so much to the sport, and again, he is getting thrown under the bus (and ran over a couple of times).

Like Lance said, tax payers money would be better spent on cleaning up the sport of current riding dopers, and improving their techniques for catching them.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The USADA is more like Guilty until proven innocent. As soon as they make allegations and crap, you get banned from events.

Nappa

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to do some bicycle racing, and followed the Tour de France on TV. Tyler Hamilton grew up a few towns over from where I lived and everybody liked him. Great cyclist, great guy, would never do anything wrong. Then he gets accused of doping, and denies it for years... until he finally confesses. So here we have a case of "Tyler would NEVER do that", and in the end, yes, he did do that. Probably because like a lot of other sports "everyone is doing it" and you need to if you want to be at the top of the game.
Do I think Lance was doping, yes I do. I also think he's a great cyclist amongst all the others (who were probably taking a variety of "suppliments"). They all deny it until finally the evidence or their conscience is too much to bear. I don't think it takes away from his achievements, if the playing field was somewhat level. If he were the only one, then it would really be "cheating".
At this point, like baseball, I don't really care about digging up past dirt. Either clean up the sport in a reliable, accurate way, or let them take whatever they want.

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to do some bicycle racing, and followed the Tour de France on TV. Tyler Hamilton grew up a few towns over from where I lived and everybody liked him. Great cyclist, great guy, would never do anything wrong. Then he gets accused of doping, and denies it for years... until he finally confesses. So here we have a case of "Tyler would NEVER do that", and in the end, yes, he did do that. Probably because like a lot of other sports "everyone is doing it" and you need to if you want to be at the top of the game.
Do I think Lance was doping, yes I do. I also think he's a great cyclist amongst all the others (who were probably taking a variety of "suppliments"). They all deny it until finally the evidence or their conscience is too much to bear. I don't think it takes away from his achievements, if the playing field was somewhat level. If he were the only one, then it would really be "cheating".
At this point, like baseball, I don't really care about digging up past dirt. Either clean up the sport in a reliable, accurate way, or let them take whatever they want.

I'm glad you brought up Tyler! Had to look twice when you said he was from around where you live! I live in Western, MA (Pittsfield).

We need to get a group of New England / Mass Riders together and hit the road.

--Matt