Launch control: Nissan 370z vs FZ1 vs FZ6

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Caution: this post may contain a hint of squidlyness and may not be suitable for some readers. Readers do not attempt at home as it is ill advised for fear of adrenaline rush and large smile factor.

So, there I was hitting the outskirts of town back from a nice leisurely ride with my girlfriend through the bucolic Florida countryside on a three lane road when stopped at a light arrives a Nissan 370z to my right and then a only a moment later a FZ1 to my left. Immediately, you can sense the 370z is wanting to run as s/he (tinted glass) is trying to time the light by moving up and this is when I spot his license plate: RECKLESS (no you can't make this up). Sometimes you just got to go with the flow. I sense the high vis rider to my left on the FZ1 is older, but unsure of his intentions, this could be fun nevertheless.

Due to the red light the road is wide up open ahead, and after 78k of miles on Z ,as I like to call my FZ6, this isn't my first rodeo, actually I feel as if the old girl wants to run more than me.

Just through her body language and like a sixth sense, I get the ok from girlfriend who after many miles of riding two-up has grown comfortable with my skills, decision making and risk taking.

Cross road traffic stops, I shift into first. Green. Go! The 370z revs. I roll aggressively, but smoothly on the throttle while throwing my weight over the tank. My eyes sweep the road in front while glancing at the RPMs. 10K. Shift, blip, second, pin it. Small power wheelie, there she goes. Next light turns yellow, throttle off, check mirrors. The 370z is about fifty yards behind, while the FZ1 is closing fast, passes me with a thumbs up. First round: FZ6, not even close. We line up again.

Round 2
Just as I plant my feet the light turns green, ****, shift into first and hit it, the 370z gets the drop. Learning from the first launch, I hit it slightly harder in first and let the RPMs almost get to 12k, shift, blip second, nailed it, absolutely perfect shift, everyone is much farther behind than even the first time around and as we approach greater population density I ease up and let them both pass. Another thumbs up from the FZ1 who whizzes past, I think this would be a cool guy meet up for breakfast before a ride while the 370z is charging fast. God speed.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
370z's are slow, I made a few of them look bad around here with my car lol. 350z's/370z's are the only cars that the road course instructors at the track I go to specifically mention. they comment about sketchy handling and they have had instances of brake failures on the track.