LED Headlight?

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
A guy at work got some for his car and he really likes it. Does anyone have experience with these yet on the bike? That much better than HID?

Sherry

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never heard of an aftermarket LED bulb that is even close to a 35W HID bulb in brightness. A few cars are coming OEM with high power LED projectors but that's about it.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
The 2013 and up BMW R1200 GS has an optional all LED headlight system, its a $850 optional add on, I haven't seen anything aftermarket as of yet

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a headlight bulb replacement, but I do have Denali DM1 "micro" LED auxiliary lights on my FZ6 which are brighter than my stock headlight and high beam. I leave them on 100% of the time. In the daytime they serve as conspicuity lights. At night, they light up more of the road in front and to the sides, as well as complete the "light triangle."

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a headlight bulb replacement, but I do have Denali DM1 "micro" LED auxiliary lights on my FZ6 which are brighter than my stock headlight and high beam. I leave them on 100% of the time. In the daytime they serve as conspicuity lights. At night, they light up more of the road in front and to the sides, as well as complete the "light triangle."

Do you have any pics of these? I've been looking at the new DR1's that they have coming out soon.

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
None at the moment. I have them mounted on each side of the front fender using a bracket that Twisted Throttle apparently no longer sells. It looks like they replaced it with other mounting options.

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
I think for now I'm going to get a different bulb...silverstar ultra maybe and wait until I can come up with some money for a proper projector and HID set up. Maybe by then more LED techno stuff will be out?

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I think for now I'm going to get a different bulb...silverstar ultra maybe and wait until I can come up with some money for a proper projector and HID set up. Maybe by then more LED techno stuff will be out?

I wouldn't waste my money on those brighter halogens if you plan to get projectors in the future. The difference isn't that big IMO