LED headlights // chain

ttrfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
BIKE:(2005 fz6 s1)

Hi, i was wondering if any of you replaced the regular bulbs with leds? I'd like to "plug n play" if at all possible.

Also, i was wanting to get a new chain/sprockets and had a few basic questions

How many links should it have?

Current rear sprocket is 46 (is that stock??) unsure about front...

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On the LED's, I have replaced both my headlights with LED bulbs. Because LED's need to keep cool, you will need to get creative to get the retainer to fit and seal to fit the heatsink or fan (whichever your bulbs use). I recently upgraded to a set of Morimoto LED bulbs. Expensive but brighter and more stable in their mounts.

I used one of these spacers on the H7 bulb to get it to fit better. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074ZN6XBP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GromCat

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just replaced the auxiliary/side lights with LEDS. Used these in my previous 2 cars with no problems (current one has full LED lamps as standard).
Instead of LED main bulbs I'm fitting the 'ultra blue/ice blue' bulbs you can get on eBay. Always found the light from these to be a nice clean white, and obviously no cooling issues.
Just about to buy an LED tail light, found a company in the UK doing them for £14.99.