Left hand Switchgear Cable Routing?

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have just noticed that the cables going from the left hand switchgear down underneath the fuel tank are routed in quite a strange way, I have taken a couple of pics and wondered if anyone could let me know whether this is the same or different to the routing on their bike? as you can see in one of the pics the bars are reasonably straight and the other turned slightly to the right, you can probably guess how tightly folded the wiring is at full left lock!

(2007 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2 UK Model)

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '04 but the cables are definitely not routed like that.

The cable routing guide in the service manual is quite complex but I have attached the pages.

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Andz for mentioning the cable routing part of the manual, completely forgot I had access to the one for the 07 onwards model :rolleyes:, seems as though when the previous owner did a cheat version of the BD43 headlight mod (quick splice connector into the redundant low beam wire), that he must have forgot to put back a tie of some sort as I have now been able to push the wiring vertical next to the frame in a position that it doesnt catch on anything, as shown (as far as I can see, little bit unclear) in the manual.