Leo Vince or Scorpions?

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got leo's and I love them :thumbup:

People who have Scorps will say the same thing. :thumbup:

All the aftermarket cans are basically the same, all comes down to the cash really. Scorps and Leo's pretty well sound the same (going by YouTube vids), so if you want shiny bling, go the Stainless Scorps, the Titanium Leo's aren't as shiny, but you get removeable dB killers with the Leo's, and also a cat eliminator pipe comes in the kit, (I don't think the Scorps have that... but you can buy it as an extra).

My vote goes for the Leo's, go with what you can afford and like the look of.

:)

Also, have you looked at 2 Bros??? They are (in my opinion) the loudest of the lot, there's a group buy thread here somewhere... pretty good price. :rockon:

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally like the conical ends so if you do decide to go scorps make sure you get the new style. That being said i got the LEO's and love the looks and sound!

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got leo's and I love them :thumbup:

People who have Scorps will say the same thing. :thumbup:

All the aftermarket cans are basically the same, all comes down to the cash really. Scorps and Leo's pretty well sound the same (going by YouTube vids), so if you want shiny bling, go the Stainless Scorps, the Titanium Leo's aren't as shiny, but you get removeable dB killers with the Leo's, and also a cat eliminator pipe comes in the kit, (I don't think the Scorps have that... but you can buy it as an extra).

My vote goes for the Leo's, go with what you can afford and like the look of.

Also, have you looked at 2 Bros??? They are (in my opinion) the loudest of the lot, there's a group buy thread here somewhere... pretty good price. :rockon:

Looked at TBs but like you say they are the loudest but that's not what I want, something a bit sportier noise wise but also look good.

Hence Scorpions or Leo Vince:rockon:

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looked at TBs but like you say they are the loudest but that's not what I want, something a bit sportier noise wise but also look good.

Hence Scorpions or Leo Vince:rockon:

The leos have DB killers that are very easy to install and remove. They do make a noticeable difference in sound so you can get them to sound whatever way you like.

bradms38

Reaction score
Visit site
hello,

I have a 2007 FZ6 and have the stainless Scorps. They sound and look great. The stock pipes sound wimpy and ringy in comparison. The scorp's are not too loud and have a distinct sound that will turn heads and usually give you a thumbs up. They are much lighter than stock and noticeably add more power at the higher rpms, 6k and above. Going to the lighter pipes does not increase any heat through the seat. I was originally recommended the leo vince and ended up hearing the Scorps on youtube and was hooked. I was not disappointed or have ever second guessed my decision.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
hello,

I have a 2007 FZ6 and have the stainless Scorps. They sound and look great. The stock pipes sound wimpy and ringy in comparison. The scorp's are not too loud and have a distinct sound that will turn heads and usually give you a thumbs up. They are much lighter than stock and noticeably add more power at the higher rpms, 6k and above. Going to the lighter pipes does not increase any heat through the seat. I was originally recommended the leo vince and ended up hearing the Scorps on youtube and was hooked. I was not disappointed or have ever second guessed my decision.

Excellent reply, thank you this is what I need to hear from you guys with regards to opinions, very informative.
I have actually got some Leo Vince pipes coming also a set of scorpions (2nd hand) so will try both sets and give you an update.

Ed90

Reaction score
Visit site
I am stuck on whether to go for Leo Vince as well. Its between the Leovince Aluminium or Arrow Aluminium, obv the leovinces are about £100 cheaper.
As the UK winters aren't great, does anyone know of any problems with aluminum and the bad weather, oxidation and stuff like that.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
I am stuck on whether to go for Leo Vince as well. Its between the Leovince Aluminium or Arrow Aluminium, obv the leovinces are about £100 cheaper.
As the UK winters aren't great, does anyone know of any problems with aluminum and the bad weather, oxidation and stuff like that.

I used to live in the UK and it's not so much the weather but the salt they put on the roads it just about kills everything it comes in to contact with.
I have ordered the Titanium exhaust (Leo Vince) and the Scorpions in stainless so we will see what is what.
Personally if corrosion is an issue go for stainless or carbon cans.
Try this web site Jet-Ski Parts, Sportbike Parts, Snowmobile Parts, ATV Parts - for some pretty keen prices on all exhausts.

Ed90

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to live in the UK and it's not so much the weather but the salt they put on the roads it just about kills everything it comes in to contact with.
I have ordered the Titanium exhaust (Leo Vince) and the Scorpions in stainless so we will see what is what.
Personally if corrosion is an issue go for stainless or carbon cans.
Try this web site Jet-Ski Parts, Sportbike Parts, Snowmobile Parts, ATV Parts - for some pretty keen prices on all exhausts.

Great. I will get looking.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpions turned up today, they came off a dropped bike but to be honest the exhaust stood up pretty well, one can has a small dent on the underside and the inlet was twisted slightly but a trip to the local exhaust centre soon fixed that.

Although the heat they used did discolour the inlet end it will not be seen once installed.

The overall condition for $250US of the cans is really very good otherwise, I will post pictures once installed.

Nice and shiny being stainless. I will be doing a direct comparison between these and the fairly new Titanium Leo's at $460US, but one set will be back up for sale, so watch this space if you are interested.

mrs_hahner

~Amber~
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, if you decided to sell one or the other, let me know! I'm in the market for my husband's Fz6 for a birthday present!

Thank you!

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, if you decided to sell one or the other, let me know! I'm in the market for my husband's Fz6 for a birthday present!

Thank you!

Lucky him, but would he want a second hand set though? Not being funny but that might be like him buying you a used half bottle of Channel:confused:, the thought is there but .............;)

I will certainly keep you posted as I am expecting the Leo's to be "as new" they are coming complete with original box and are substancially cheaper than new.

I quite like the Scorpions, they're shiny LOL.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my Scorpions. The Db-killers come in and out with a single bolt and make a big difference. I love the sound of the cans without them in at lower speeds - but if you're doing motorway riding at speeds of 70mph+ for 10 mins plus they are too loud even with ear plugs. Scorpion do a separate decat pipe (£45 in the UK) which I'm going to get soon that you may want to consider too. There are details, pics and videos on mine on my website link in my signature.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks I will check it out, I'm glad you told me about the db killers for the Scorpions as I do a lot of riding, I may look in to a pair for mine once I have checked the noise levels out on both sets of pipes.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
finally rode for the first time with my LEOs in today and i will be trying the DB killers tomorrow, I am not sure if they are really loud or if i am paranoid since i am the only bike out on the roads today that police might hassle me. I will try taking them out again once some other bikes are on the road.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rob, they are loud, (compared to stock cans) but what you are experiencing could be just paranoia. I did the same thing.

After installing mine, took the dB Killers out and rode to work, and thought the cops would be on me any minute the whole way there. So, I put the killers back in. Rode around like that for about 3 weeks, then went on a group ride with Wolfman so I took them out. I didn't bother putting them back in for the next commute to work, and it sounded great, and the cops never bothered me so left them out.

I do have the dB killers back in at the moment, only because I saw the neighbours glaring at me a couple of times when I rode past... I get home from work at 7:00 am, (after leaving to go to work at 10:00 pm), and pull up into a big carport and it echo's a bit :eek:

On the dB killers, as Sanger said,
the Db-killers come in and out with a single bolt and make a big difference

It's the same with the Leo's. One bolt, and the killers comes out. It looks like a closed pipe, which basically blocks the direct route for the exhaust gas and forces it through a baffle, thus making it quieter.
Very easy, and they even store away under the seat, but not much room for anything else then :(

Last edited: