Exhaust back preasure

Nikolay1995

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi every one i need litle help with my fz6 i have leo vince decat generation and when i remove the db killers the motor idle bad when i rev it it seems ok but when its on idle almost dies i have seen much videos when they decat the bikes and the bike still idle perfect if some one can help :(

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy New Year!
There can be a few issues with idle problems but yours sounds like it may be going too lean as a result of too little back pressure. Many people resolve this issue by guessing what CO adjustments they can change to compensate. People also install a fuel management device which could correct this but should be tuned by a reputable tuner. Anything you do without being able to test the actual air to fuel ratio is just guessing and you could damage your engine.
Being enthusiastic about your bike and it sound are great but I hear many I4 bikes that sound terrible because people want the bike to be loud. A better sounding bike is good and fun but not at the expense of poor performance.
I had the FZ6 with Two Brothers exhaust and had a fuel controller with the bike dynotuned. The FZ6 is a fun and surprising performer. When you open up the back end you should take other measures to ensure it's running a safe A/F ratio.

Nikolay1995

Reaction score
Visit site
If i install the cat again i think it will idle normal but will be quiet here in Bulgaria will be hard to find tunner for motorcycle :(

Nikolay1995

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah but without cat and with open leo it pops and bangs so nice but will put the cat back on and will see how will runs without db killers

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I too have lost my desire to ride or drive a rolling noise maker. I think it was when I owned my last sports car, a 2013 BRZ. That car had a cat delete and a minimal muffler. Damn did it sound great...and damn if I still don't have tinnitus.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I too have lost my desire to ride or drive a rolling noise maker. I think it was when I owned my last sports car, a 2013 BRZ. That car had a cat delete and a minimal muffler. Damn did it sound great...and damn if I still don't have tinnitus.
Dear Lord.... my car right now (3rd party exhaust - drone, loudness, it's God-awful). I now hate my car.