Lets see your riding gear ....

:DDon't laugh I do ride to work pretty often and I ride in with work clothes but with a jacket,helmet,gloves and dress shoes :Flash: [in my defense I do live pretty close to my workplace:D]

:DDon't laugh I do ride to work pretty often and I ride in with work clothes but with a jacket,helmet,gloves and dress shoes :Flash: [in my defense I do live pretty close to my workplace:D]

Its all good! I do the same, I have an 8 minute ride. Flimsy (and breezy) dress pants, shiny leather shoes, but a heavily armored upper body, arms, and head. Makes no sense!

Its all good! I do the same, I have an 8 minute ride. Flimsy (and breezy) dress pants, shiny leather shoes, but a heavily armored upper body, arms, and head. Makes no sense!

I used to have a job like that. It's why I bought the overpants. They are awesome.

Here's my stuff.

Nothin' fancy.

Shoei RF1000 - Matte Black
Tourmaster Intake Jacket
Tourmaster Ventura Air Pants
Alpinestar S-MX Plus boots
Alpinestar SMX-2 Gloves

I used to have a job like that. It's why I bought the overpants. They are awesome.

Thats cool Keira.I would do the same but I work only 2 miles from home. Takes 6 mins to get there depending on traffic. And I have tried overpants but they wrinkle my trousers lol

I ride an hour to work via the interstate. I'm not FN around with dress shoes and slacks. One hour or one minute...all it takes is one second. Need a reminder of why you dress in full gear? Live to Ride - Ride to DIE Graphic but necessary to keep you focused on what matters... your own ass!

Arai Vector Helmet
Fieldsheer armored mesh jacket and pants
S&S armored gloves
Teknic Thunder boots
AND Earplugs (your hearing matters too!)

Last edited:
I ride an hour to work via the interstate. I'm not FN around with dress shoes and slacks. One hour or one minute...all it takes is one second. Need a reminder of why you dress in full gear? Live to Ride - Ride to DIE Graphic but necessary to keep you focused on what matters... your own ass!

That site is unnecessary to post here.

If you peruse carefully (it's been posted before so I have before), you'll notice a lot of those people were
a) traveling at way to high speed (hence the demolished bikes)
b) were only wearing a helmet or no helmet and no gear

How do racers not get those injuries at speeds on a track higher than any of those guys? They slide in leathers. Not tshirts - we know what happens, but still...kind of vulgar post.

my 2c - not flinging mud

That site is unnecessary to post here.

If you peruse carefully (it's been posted before so I have before), you'll notice a lot of those people were
a) traveling at way to high speed (hence the demolished bikes)
b) were only wearing a helmet or no helmet and no gear

How do racers not get those injuries at speeds on a track higher than any of those guys? They slide in leathers. Not tshirts - we know what happens, but still...kind of vulgar post.

my 2c - not flinging mud
My point was that (for me) it was a reality check that I needed to convince me to spend the cash on the gear and put it on every time I ride. Yes it is an ugly site containing graphic images and I am sorry to offend. I travel at 65-80 on the highway out of necessity. Any slower and I would be getting run over by semi trucks. I guarantee if something happens, my bike and perhaps I would look equally demolished. vulgar as it may be, it is the reality of what can happen. Protect yourself.

Agreed about feeling less safe on a bicycle! I've got a 9 km pedal bike ride to work...and when cycling to work/home, I've been squeezed into the curb by all sorts of vehicles - including a school bus!, brushed (scared the heck out of me), and had cars pull out in front of me like I wasn't even there. I feel pretty vulnerable when all I've got on is my little helmet and Peter Pan outfit. I've also wiped out on loose gravel when on my pedal bike and even though I was wearing my long biking pants, I got some pretty serious road rash. So when I ride my motorbike to work, I wear my leather jacket and textile pants over my work clothes and wear my Daytona LadyStar boots - I really appreciate how much "safer" wearing all the gear makes me feel.

Last edited:
I'm working on getting a pair of riding pants. Sux to not have any pants on when I ride. ;)

Icon SuperDuty boots in black
Icon Chukka boots in tan
Alpine Stars SP-S street gloves
Joe Rocket Luv Yamaha mesh jacket
Scorpion EX-700 Black Dahlia helmet

Last edited:
Helmet: HJC CL-SP
Jacket: Alpinestars Stage
Gloves: Alpinestars GP Plus
Pants: Sliders 2.0 kevlar lined
Boots: Alpinestars Web Gortex

I have no complaints about any of my gear. It fits nicely, keeps me warm in winter and cool in summer here in California.

3534358367_dfca8f62e9_b.jpg

Great posts everyone. I am in the process of buying a bunch of new gear and love seeing reviews. Keep them coming!

My gear is all Joe Rocket... and I mean all except for my helmet.

Helmet:
HJC CL-12. First helmet, not the best but loved it.
Shoei RF-1000 Breakthrough TC2. Best piece of gear I own by far.
Jacket:
Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 as seen with me on bike. Good leather but is getting old and a tad small now.
Joe Rocket Meteor 4.0 Textile. Love this coat. Use it from -10 to +30 and no problems at all.
Pants:
Joe Rocket Ballistic 7.0. Unfortunately only worn once and now they no longer fit. So I need new ones.
Boots:
Joe Rocket meteor. Good boots but a bit warm in hotter temps.
Gloves:
Joe Rocket reactor 1.0. Old yellow gloves that are not bad for warmer temps but odd sizing.
Joe Rocket Nitrogens. my cold weather gloves. Excellent for anything less than 10 degrees. Other then that they are way too hot.

Right now I don;t mind joe rocket, but they're quality can be a bit suspect. I'm looking at getting a bunch of new gear but no idea as to whcih brand, so lets hope some more reviews can help!

Helmet: Icon Seventh Seal
Boot: Icon field armor
Gloves: Icon Merc long & tarmac 3
Pants: Icon arc overpant textile
Jacket: Icon arc seventh seal textile
Riding Suit: AGV Two piece

ps: I'd rather see photos of your gear on you rather than just a pic I can find off the web...let's see how it really looks and wears rather than just from the company's website!

As requested....

gear2.jpg

Hey red riders-

Looking for suggestions on helmets that match the paint of a 2006 red FZ6. (was a different shade of red used in other years?)

Looking fo the brand and official color name, as well as any reviews on the helmet overall. Thanks.

Safe riding,
Jay

Helmet: HJC CL-SP
Jacket: Alpinestars Stage
Gloves: Alpinestars GP Plus
Pants: Sliders 2.0 kevlar lined
Boots: Alpinestars Web Gortex

I have no complaints about any of my gear. It fits nicely, keeps me warm in winter and cool in summer here in California.

3534358367_dfca8f62e9_b.jpg

looks like you got a pretty close match

Are there grades of SNELL/DOT helmet ratings?

I'll see just SNELL & DOT ratings on some websites, and SNELL M2005 on others. Is there a difference?

(I need to stop talking to myself)

Hey red riders-

Looking for suggestions on helmets that match the paint of a 2006 red FZ6. (was a different shade of red used in other years?)

Looking fo the brand and official color name, as well as any reviews on the helmet overall. Thanks.

Safe riding,
Jay

I ride with a Sparx S-07. The red doesn't match exactly but you don't notice it much.

Back