Looking at new bike

Phatjoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I'm a new rider to Yamaha, my names joe from queens new York. I'm going to look at a 2006 fz6 with 1,120 miles on it, completely stock. Question I have is do I look for anything Inparticular while inspecting the bike, what should I look for are there any known problems with this bike, I'd appreciate all the help I can get before tomorrow

Welcome!!! And pretty much same things you look for in any other used bike, I do think the 06 is also covered in the tps and sprocket nut recalls or it's the 04&05 can't remember

The recall is for the 04 and 05 models. All you would have to do is call yamaha with the vin and they can tell you if it's covered. Not a problem with the 06 tho.

To know for sure get the vin and call your local Yamaha dealer and just ask them to run it and see if there are any uncompleted recalls

Nevermind - I reread your post and it's a different bike.
Check the usual suspects (chain, sprockets, tires and rims) to give you an idea of how it was maintained. These bikes are pretty bulletproof, and with only a 1000 miles on it it's basically brand new.

Last edited:
If it's the one in East Windsor, NJ, same thing it looks clean from the pictures.. You don't have to worry about the TPS since the 06 didn't have the issue.
And that's a pretty good price too for NYC area!

Does anyone know if you can make the foot ****er longer, I have a size 15 shoe and don't know if it's gunna work with my foot

Great bike! Do the usual. The bike has a dipstick so check the oil and make sure they don't do the old STP/Motor Honey trick to mask a knock. Maybe find a bud who's bike savy.

Yo Queens! I'm originally for Jersey! :Flip::BLAA:
:welcome:to our great family!:D

The foot what longer????

Additionally: Any vehicle can have a TPS faiure so never discount it when your having engine problems. The 04 and 05 FZ6 was recalled for TPS as others have mentioned

Last edited:
Back