Looking for a 9mm...thoughts?

MiFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
The Tactical is a metal frame with a de****er instead of a manual safety and the Phantom is a polymer frame with a de****er as well. The Phantom is a claimed 33% lighter and I can attest that the Tactical is a beast. I like th weight though for a .40. I'm not the best in the world and I can hit a dinner plate at 100 yards, 1 inch at 25. I'd be willing to bet that unless you are an professional shooter, you won't ever be as accurate as the gun.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So I shoot a xdm, cz75 b and a 92fs, all the rentals that hey had that I was interested in and decided on the cz, I actually got the cz 75 sp01, but when they ran the background check they said that it had been delayed and I could pick it up tomorrow or as late as next thurs. what exactly does that mean? Does that mean that it's undecided that I can get it or not or they are just making me wait in case I want to go do something stupid?

I'll also add that I ran a background check on myself earlier today for s&g and nothing showed up

Last edited:

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Does Georgia do some kind of state background check?

The NICS ( National Instant Check System) is just that instant. They use the info in your 4473 (IIRC) call the NICS people and get word back on I you're a felon or crazy or something like that.

Guess its possible the system was down and they couldn't pull any of that info up. Dunno.

Sent from my iPhone

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think they do I watched her do it and all I saw was the FBI site and the nics, so I don't know

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In reference to 04fizzer county laws...

Damn,:eek: is the hammer and sickle flag flying over town hall...sucks you have to go through all that, good luck. Here you go to the local pd, sign the release, pay the fee, in 5 days go back and get the permit...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

birdman2389

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I go with the m&p. I didn't have a problem with the stock trigger pull and then i put an apex sear in and it is amazing. Perhaps you got a variant; I know some states require like a 10lb trigger pull for safety i'm guessin. I outshoot a lot of the $1000 plus guns with my m&p. The apex makes the trigger style much more like a 1911 given it is still stryker fired.

An absolute fail safe purchase (if it fits your hand) would be the sig p226. It's what the SEALS went with because the 92fs did not fit the bill.

Recently I stumbled across a sigpro 2202 and compared to what reviews i read, I think it was really underated. Not on level with the p226 and will not carry like the m&p/glock/xd, but for under $400 its a steal if you like the da/sa style action.

The cz phantom is decent, but a glock 9, m&p, xd, or sig are hard to beat in all functionability. Choose what feels best to you is the best bet.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I did some lookin online about delays and, I feel a lot better about iota now, for one I could have actually cause the delay by pulling bg check on my self earlier that day, apparently that can be a red flag to delay the purchase until they can figure out why I had another bg check done before they did it. Also when I pulled my check it said 32 possible convictions because of someone named Travis ? Rollins who live in Florida who also is the same age so that could also be what's holdin it up, seeing how they have the same first and last name as well as birthdate. But it sucks because I got all amped up on I shot the cz! The thing just felt awesome in my my hand, like a extention of my body and I wanted to go put a couple hundred rounds through it. I actually bought 500 while I was there, wanting to get thing as close to broke in as possible because everyone I've talked to about the gun as well as read has said that after about a 1000rds it performs like a finely tuned race gun, add a competition hammer and, maybe a couple other items and you have a <$800 gun that can shoot just as well if not better then $1500+ 1911s...so since the day after I said IRS GIMMIE MY MONEY! I got it now I'm saying FBI GIMMIE MY GUN!!!!

Worth a try right?

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I am a bit to late for this purchase, but guns tend to be like tattoos for some, after you buy one you start thinking about the next. If that is the case I can recommend two for you to look at in the small concealable(with license) in 9mm. The first is the Glock 19. Was not a Glock fan for a long time. However, the Gen 3 and 4 Glocks seem to be a different story. The thing I really like about the 19 is that my wife has no problem manipulating the weapon. Whether this means she will be interested in going shooting with me remains to be seen. The second is the Ruger SR9c. The weapon is not a friendly for my wife to handle. However, the stainless slide with black lower makes for a sexy little gun. The thing that impressed me most about the SR9c is that you did not seem to lose any accuracy by going to a compact gun. The first time I shot the SR9c it was the one my father in law had and at about 15 meters I put a clip into a 5in circle. Have fun and be safe with whatever you end up shooting.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well here she is!!! Took long enough but good things come to those who wait and man am I happy with it. It did malfunction twice both failure to load the next round on the second round of the first go with both clips but after those 2 hiccups, its smooth as glass and when it gets warm man is it smooth, can't wait till I can get it properly broke in. So far I've put 250 124gr federal rds through it and the last 4 clips I went through, the range let me do rapid fire and it was still smooth as silk. For just getting back in the saddle on semis I was holding a good 4" group at about 8yds so I'm very pleased!!

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Chevy, You should really consider the Ruger SR9 or SR9C (compact). My father purchased one of these (SR9C) a little while ago and I got to put about 50 rounds through it this weekend. A great little gun really. And very affordable. I think he paid 409$ for his.

ETA just saw you bought a CZ, very nice! Give the ruger a look the next time you get the bug to buy!

Last edited:

MiFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that the polymer Phantom or just a straight SP-01? I didn't think anything other than the steel frame models were even available with a safety.

Congrats by the way! I'll take some pics of my Tactical tomorrow and post them.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Is is the straight sp-01 not the phantom I liked the weight of the all steel better, plus it does have have the night sights another that the phantom doesn't

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
:iconbeer:

Sorry dude one of those pet peves of mine ;)

ClipMagazineLesson-1-.jpeg