Looking for a PCIII Map

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
So I thought I would check here before I looked on the greater forums since I'm not sure about differences between our bikes and those in the US (assuming they are pretty similar tho, if not the same).

Basically I think the closest thing to my current exhaust and soon to be setup would be:
Two Bros tuned to have the end caps in - I can't remember the name of the specific caps but the ones that reduce the noise, without bringing it back to almost stock are the ones that should most similarly resemble my exhaust + tips.
Also preferably tuned for an aftermarket filter (does the brand matter? KN or the other one)

Also does the gearing effect the tune at all? I would assume it might if you got super competitive but I'm definately going with the recommendation of changing the front (down one I think people said) in the near future.

If anyone has this kind of map, that they would be willing to share (I know they are damn expensive to get done) I would be eternally grateful, since I'm going to need to get the bike dyno'd shortly (ordered a well priced KN filter) and want to get it to a map that should be reasonably close so the tuner has less reason to rip me off, or so if it runs much better I can delay the tune till I have more moola, and get the pods and new radiator fairings painted first :p

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Each map is specific to each bike. Not just the mechanical components. It's best to get it tuned but sometimes a map will be close enough to make it run pretty decent or better than a zero map.
Here's a map you might try. FZ6, TwoBro exhaust, K&N filter with the airbox opened. Since I did things like the K&N and airbox mod there have been a lot more posts that challenge whether the later mods really make a difference and I agree they may be a lot more hype than science. Have fun!

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that! I'll try it out in the morning when I have some light!
I intend on getting it properly tuned in the long run, but the last quote I got was in excess of $800, I'm currently looking for somewhere much more reasonable, and will put it in once every I want is installed so it can be properly tuned for the aftermarket accessories!

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have a 2007 (model) or newer map for the FZ6, for a Two Bros or similar exhaust, with a aftermarket air filter?

I have a feeling most of the 2006's and older where the 78 HP versions so am not really sure atm if the above map will work properly/be appropriate upon further checking.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have a 2007 (model) or newer map for the FZ6, for a Two Bros or similar exhaust, with a aftermarket air filter?

I have a feeling most of the 2006's and older where the 78 HP versions so am not really sure atm if the above map will work properly/be appropriate upon further checking.

2006 is FZ6 is 97-98 HP stock.....78 HP is for the FZ6R. The new FZ6R with the full fairing heavier steel frame lower HP, exhaust under the the....

Here's a link with a little history on the FZ6 generations: Yamaha FZ6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Edit: also keep in mind the HP rating at different RPM will differ but generally the most manufacturers rate the HP at peak and they also measure it at the crank. Your Rear wheel HP will be a lot lower than crank....
Try the map I gave you!

Last edited:

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
If you would like, the company i got my PCIII from does a lot of maps and will make one for free based off of what your build is if you buy through them.

If you would like, i guess i could ask for a new map to be sent to me and I can just use your specs. I have been needing to get a couple done, and I am sure for me asking for another map for when i get some 'later conversions' done couldn't hurt. I can always ask, but i cant guarantee i will get it. Let me know.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you would like, the company i got my PCIII from does a lot of maps and will make one for free based off of what your build is if you buy through them.

If you would like, i guess i could ask for a new map to be sent to me and I can just use your specs. I have been needing to get a couple done, and I am sure for me asking for another map for when i get some 'later conversions' done couldn't hurt. I can always ask, but i cant guarantee i will get it. Let me know.

If you want to be a little more safe and specific you'll probably want to get a decent tune. Per component, you might install the component, dyno the bike, and use that map to upload to bikes with similar components. This might be better than no map but because the entirety of the engines performance is based on all components performancing together, at different throttle positions and RPM you would want it tuned so that you benefit from proper air to fuel ratios as well as other variables.
There really is no way around a tune for it to be right. You really can't "Butt Dyno" it but if it's running like garbage and you get a close map, it's better than nothing.

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kris, I have 08 bike, Scorpions and a brilliant map that was on the PCIII that I bought from Ebay. I was so lucky - I installed the PCIII, -1 front and installed speedo healer and it was great first go. No stalling/idling problems :thumbup:

If I can EVER work out how to get it to you I will. I will try over the weekend :D

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually using the map you sent me Motogiro and its running much better, for some reason my PCIII program wasn't recognising it to start with until I changed the file extension from capitals to lower case, was extremely weird, but after that I got it working and sent it across to the bike and its going quite well.

The wiki page explains it a bit better as well, I was under the impression previous to the S2's that all the FZ6's had the lower HP!

Anyway, hopefully monday or tuesday I'll have time to ring around and get some tuning quotes, since I looked into a few magazines I had lying round and listed all the places in Sydney that do tuning.
Finding somewhere that will do a good paint job is proving a little harder though!

Would appreciate that too Kazza!

Btw what brand did you get when changing the gearing? I've heard some horror stories since looking into it about cheap sprockets that cause havoc!

cspan

Reaction score
Visit site
I know I'm grave digging but I just download this map to my juice box pro. I noticed it has a cylinder 1 # and cylinder 2# ? just wondering what that was none of the maps already loaded on the jbp had that???