lowering front plastics?

PKguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, right now I'm trying to change both look and feel of my 07. I would like to lower the handle bars quite a bit, after some research I can see that the fz1 has many more Yamaha intended mods for this. One that stood out to me the most was the changeable lifter heights on the top triple tree, while the fz6's are fixed. So my first question is if any fz1 top triple trees will fit on the 07 fz6? Now, as that would cause the bars to hit both the plastics and the tank, I have chosen the suburban fz1 bars that set the bars forward. Which makes my second question whether it is possible to lower the entire front fairings headlights and all out of the way? OR replace it with the fz1 front(which I like better anyway).

PKguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Fz1 bars require no modifications to the fairings

The suburban machinery bars are 2 inches forward and 1.5" lower, with the GYTR risers another inch lower. The clutch and brake levers would almost(if not) be rubbing the fairing. So if i can't lower the fairing to compensate i'll remove the fairing entirely.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
All you have to do is mount the fz1 bars and start rotating them until the controls clear. You don't need risers to have them not contact the tank. The fairing isn't an issue