Luggage

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
What sort of saddle/tail bags do you guys use? I would like to be able to store my sneakers, rain gear, and maybe a six pack (for when I'm done riding, of course). I also don't want to hurt my wallet too badly. I've seen the ones that "fit any sport bike!", but I don't often believe the one size fits all advertising.

Hal Incandenza

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Cortech Sport tri-bag system..
Cortech :: Luggage :: Sport Saddlebags

works great, might be able to let you have mine real cheap if you can wait a little bit.. just bought some givi hardcases from a fellow forum member. Once I've received and installed them, won't have much use for the cortechs, and don't have much room for extra bags lying around my apartment..

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have the FZ6 yet, but I also have the Cortech tri-bag system, and it's been excellent. The construction is fantastic. I just leave the clips on my bike all the time, so I can snap the whole thing on in about 30 seconds.

I will tell you that if you go with Cortech and buy used, you really need the rain covers if you ride in all conditions. Those things have kept my gear completely dry in torrential downpours.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to get one of the magnetic tank bags.
Anybody have experience with those?

Rapid Transit Recon 19. I use it constantly. The build quality is excellent, with many different pockets and compartments to keep things organized. The rain cover works very well, have ridden in the rain a lot with it and my contents always stayed dry. Only thing I do not like about it is that the phone pouch doesn't fit my iPhone with a case. Not a big deal. This bag is on my bike almost 90% of the time. It comes with backpack straps you can hook on if you want to walk around with it, But I think other bags have this feature as well.

There is a reason I am constantly recommending this bag to people-it's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a ridiculous mix and match setup. I've got Fieldsheer Expander saddlebags, Cortech tribag tailbag and Nelson Rigg Silver Streak SSC-120 magnetic tank bag. I wanted to find the Fieldsheer tailbag, but it looks like Fieldsheer doesn't make luggage anymore, and I can't find it anywhere. Oh well.
I've not had any issues with the undertail exhaust messing with the luggage. The only problem was my fault; I didn't properly secure the rear saddlebag connectors. They moved up and right behind the exhaust, melting one :spank: A zip-tie fixed it, though.

E: My friend's dad works with aluminum often, and he made some support bars for his luggage that connected easily.

Last edited:

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
do you feel the need to have some sort of support for the side bags, or so they hang naturally straight off the side of the bike even when loaded?

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
do you feel the need to have some sort of support for the side bags, or so they hang naturally straight off the side of the bike even when loaded?

I've had no issues with just throwing the bags over the bike. I rode with it for over 2,000 miles with no issues. My friend is a little more cautious, though, so he had his dad make those bars in the picture in my previous post.

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a givi setup for the back end (E55 & E41s) and a SW-MOTECH (GS version) bag for the tank. I should mention that the tank bag is NOT magnetic, so it will not scratch the tank. It clips on to a mounting system and hovers slightly above the tank.

Last edited:

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had no issues with just throwing the bags over the bike. I rode with it for over 2,000 miles with no issues. My friend is a little more cautious, though, so he had his dad make those bars in the picture in my previous post.

how do you even get on the bike?:eek: I always kick my passenger helmet strapped to the back seat when I leave it on:spank:

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
DSCF3096.jpg

Just been touring with mine soft luggage with the straps under the seat and rubber anti slip against the exhaust covers with no problem

Tank bag and a Givi satnav bag on the handlebars and I am away