MCN Fantasy Road Race 2012 - Come join the fun!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah im making changes too :D MotoGP unchanged , WSBK Johnny Rea GOOOOOOONE :eek: 3 years I have stuck by him but he just isnt racey this year :( ( watch that come back to bite me ) & after sticking by Hiroshi Aoyama for a few years he is punted too :eek: & he is a fav rider.....

Now im mixing & matching BSB , really hard to pick that one coz we dont get to see it ....

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jeez man, talk about falling off the face of the earth! :( time to make some swaps!

Damn, MotoGP riders cost a lot!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i had an awful day....Sykes out of race one, and Checa 17th with a bad tyre choice for race 2....what the hell where they thinking, putting on wet tyres!

Oh well...it's a long season....

:thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Checa said it was his own mistake putting those rain tyres on... Idiot. And the other guy I traded in didn't even race this weekend :(

Even the best among us can sometimes make mistakes, but Carlos Checa's decision on the starting grid was truly incomprehensible for a rider of his experience. While all of his closest championship rivals opted for slicks, or at most an intermediate front and slick rear (like Biaggi), Checa chose full rain tires. The race had been declared "wet", but the sun was shining brightly and the track was already drying in most places.

"I was convinced that it would start raining again. We have very precise weather forecasts, and they said there was a chance of rain for 3:30pm, just when the race would be starting. With that said, It was a big mistake and I take full responsibility for it."

What was your strategy for this choice?

"If it had started to rain, I would have had a considerable advantage. Unfortunately it didn't work out like that. Then I probably should have pulled in after the warm up lap, which wouldn't have cost me much time and probably allowed me to save some points. Instead I did two laps first, and by the time I changed tires, I had already lost too much time to salvage a result. Now we can only turn the page and look ahead."

But Biaggi has retaken the championship lead...

"In reality I'm very happy with the race 1 result. It wasn't easy to run the first part in the dry, so forget about the second part in the pouring rain. I didn't have any traction or grip, and it was one of the hardest races in my WSBK career. So third place was really good."

It could have been second place, were it not for your teammate Giugliano.
"I gave him my compliments. He raced well and deserved the result."

Looks like time to trade again, just gotta wait for the next window.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Kazza has traded out the LART :jawdrop: this really does mean he is a washed up has been :BLAA:

This year will be his last in Moto GP i reckon! His chances of re-establishing himself at the top of the heap are well past i would say.

His performance in the first round was uninspiring to say the least! I think both him, and Jeremy Burgess both need to leave it to the younger, hungrier crowd.

But he can stay as long as he likes as far as i am concerned...cause he just keeps on making Casey Stoner look better and beter everytime he hops on that completely redesigned for him, Yamaha aping Ducati!

:thumbup: