Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact... anyone?

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey gang!

Anybody run these shoes on their bikes?

I'm running the OEM Sportec M3's on my S3 and I think they are great...and they're stock! :eek: I have a little over 2K miles and I expect they will get 5-6K given they way they are wearing.

The M5 are the next evolution of the M3 with Metzeler's Interact technology.

METZELER - Product Features

I know fellow member krushnuts is running them on his R1 & loves them :thumbup: Drop him a line & he'll tell you all about them :D

If the XJR spent more time in the twisties than commuting i'd have a set in a heartbeat :rockon:

just put 4,000+ miles through my rear M5 got about 2.5k left i reckon, mind you its all 145km/h +

i did a little review a couple of weeks back.
tell me what you want to know and i will try to help.

for now though short and sweet review:

i reckon you will get 6.5 thousand miles out of a rear (all motorway riding so maybe longer from normal combined riding) middle dose flat spot, but due to stickyness its easy to re-round the tyre on the twisties.

absolutley brilliant wet weather grip (i think better than metz z8:eek:) reminds me of the dunlop road smart for wet grip.

dry grip ..... best ive ridden so far the tyre warms up nice and starts to marble at a constant 70mph....nice an sticky hit the twisties.

no slippage when crossing tar snakes or oil patches which is always good. in fact this tyre has been so sure footed i have been really riding it hard out of turns to try and find the limit of the tyre although i dont think the fz6 has enough oomph to unsettle this tyre.

Ah thanks! I found your other thread. :thumbup:

I will fit these once the M3's are spent. They are a little more $ than the BT016 but I think I'll like them.

Back