Minnesota Riders? Do any exist?

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
I am from the maple grove area originally, but currently live in wahpeton, nd. I plan on riding down there this summer a little.

Btw.... I've been to cannon falls. That is where we picked up our border collie puppy almost two years ago. Very nice area

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Will be picking up my first FZ6 this weekend!! I was almost tempted to take a day off of work to go pick it up and ride it home today in 60 degree weather :)

Oh, and I'm currently in the Lake Crystal/Mankato area.

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
Im totally from MN! Im down in goodhue county south of Cannon Falls on highway 9 and Co Rd 1! I would love to meet up with you guys sometime for a ride if I'm around anytime this summer....:rockon:

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Its getting to be that time! I'll have mine out this weekend.

CBallman, tell us when the burgers will be ready and we'll ride down. :p

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
It would be awesome to set up a group ride sometime this summer! Maybe potluck it....? IDK how we'd do that on the bikes though lol

I could haul enough for a dozen of us on mine. :thumbup:

972936393_uVKWC-M-1.jpg

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Riding season is upon us! Anybody up for a ride in the next few weeks? I'm partial to Sunday mornings, Saturdays work as well.

Run down to the Root River? I know enough county roads in the bluffs to stay off of 61 and 52/55 except for brief connections.

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
Riding season is upon us! Anybody up for a ride in the next few weeks? I'm partial to Sunday mornings, Saturdays work as well.

Run down to the Root River? I know enough county roads in the bluffs to stay off of 61 and 52/55 except for brief connections.

Just got back from the first long ride of the season...214 miles. Had to scrub the shine off the new tires and get some extended time on my newly Spencer'd seat.

Pretty standard run... Hwy 3 to Faribault - Hwy 60 east thru Wabasha - Over to WI Hwy 35 north. Many pirates were seen. I'm sure there were many more that went unseen. I base this on all the bikes I observed parked outside of the bars.

I did chase some guy on a Ducati Diavel up 35 into Prescott. That was fun.

If something comes together, I think I could manage to find some time. Either day works for me.

Brad

Last edited:

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
I went for my first big long ride last weekend going 180 miles. Started in River Falls WI and then headed to Prescott and then took the St. Croix north up to 94 and then jumped the border back to WI and took FF back down to Prescott.

4BangenRange

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd possibly be up for a ride. Would be fun. Got a good 600 miles total on so far this year just in the month of march. If saturday is nice think im gonna do my first really good long ride.

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I have family stuff Fri/Sat but then, Sunday is Easter (doesn't impact my life, but I wouldn't try to plan a group ride then).

Perhaps the 15th? Tax day escape :)

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking Red Wing, MN to Money Creek MN on county roads, cross at La Crosse, hit the Mindoro Cut and work back thru alphabet roads. You could peel off to home at any point on the WI side that way.

Any body else up for a run through bluff country?

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking Red Wing, MN to Money Creek MN on county roads, cross at La Crosse, hit the Mindoro Cut and work back thru alphabet roads. You could peel off to home at any point on the WI side that way.

Any body else up for a run through bluff country?

Plans always subject to change but... In!

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
So where are we meeting in Redwing? Any specific time?

4bangen looks to be about 2 hrs from Red Wing, so I'll defer to him for a start time. I'd love to be side-stands-up at 9:00 or 9:30 but that might be a little aggressive.

As for a spot, we'll be heading SE on Hwy 58 so without backtracking much, lets do the Kwik Trip at 915 Main Street (Hwy 61). They have a decent sized parking lot and free air.

4BangenRange

Reaction score
Visit site
I could make it there by 9-930. Could be a little chilly out around then tho. But i know i could make it lol. :rockon: Still with this time of the year its all up in the air till last minute with weather and all :/ But all sounds good to me. Plus Kwick Trip has hot coco :steve:

And on another note. Anyone doing the Flood Run on the 21st?