Mix and match anti freeze.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I have track day tomorrow, oil is fine, but anti freeze, the overfil reservoir is empty.

I don't remember what my mechanic put last time, in November, 4k miles ago.
Can I use Peak long life, 50/50 to top it off?
I don't want to drain the current one and redo again, so, mixing is good?
As of now, the engine doesn't overheat much, it takes more than a min to go from 170 to 200F at intersection

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Message continuation:
As a matter of fact you can reconstitute your old antifreeze simply by adding corrosion inhibitor the glycol part of it doesn't break down only the corrosion inhibitor is absorbed by the metal and is depleted they sell straight corrosion inhibitor to add to plain water that's what they're required to run on the racetrack so I know you can buy it pretty cheap

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I did the track day without filling, as I tested the temp with first session and after 6 laps, the bike was under 180F, same through out the day.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Raja,
I thought they didn't allow antifreeze in bikes on the track in case there was spillage. Every bike hitting the antifreeze would be off the track.

linus

Reaction score
Visit site
"Advanced and Intermediate group riders must use water, water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. Automotive ethyl glycol based coolants are not allowed."

Does this mean all bikes or only the int and adv riders.Wording is confusing. Might want to check with the next org Raja.

Raja,
I thought they didn't allow antifreeze in bikes on the track in case there was spillage. Every bike hitting the antifreeze would be off the track.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
"Advanced and Intermediate group riders must use water, water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. Automotive ethyl glycol based coolants are not allowed."

Does this mean all bikes or only the int and adv riders.Wording is confusing. Might want to check with the next org Raja.

No major rules for Novice riders, no need to safety wire oil drain plugs, oil filter and oil fill caps even.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site