Most rise/pullback with fz1 bars

bthames2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Have a 2008 fz6 and get neck and shoulder pain from the aggressive riding position with the fz1 bars put on by PO. I like the width of the fz1 bars. I would rather go with risers than fz6r bar unless it's my only option. Looking to achieve an upright riding position. What is the most rise and pullback I can go with my setup? Also, I'd like to keep the stock cables.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
Try working out and getting in shape. It worked for me. Even a BMW S1000rr is not uncomfortable.

This space intentionally left blank.

Last edited:

bthames2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing as how I deadlift 650, bench 430, and squat 630 I don't think working out is going to benefit me much. I workout 3 days on, 1 day off doing strongman type work. In addition, I do Brazilian Jiu jitsu 3 days a week. It's not my cardio because I run a 7 min mile.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing as how I deadlift 650, bench 430, and squat 630 I don't think working out is going to benefit me much. I workout 3 days on, 1 day off doing strongman type work. In addition, I do Brazilian Jiu jitsu 3 days a week. It's not my cardio because I run a 7 min mile.

Clearly you're out of shape and need to work out more!! Blah

jk of course. Don't rule out FZ6R bar. It's the exact width and bend of the FZ1 bar, but with approximately a 2" rise. An alternative would be a risers.. many to choose from. There's 1" up combined with 1" back or just straight up. Typically, risers will cost at least if not more than FZ6R bar.

Oh and shoulder pain can occur if your technique is less than ideal, no matter how good of a shape you're in (not to imply that that is the case here.. ).

bthames2000

Reaction score
Visit site
It feels like because my arms are short I have to lift my head as much as possible to see. On the surface, it seems as if I just need more rise and pullback. Maybe I'm missing something, but I support myself with my core. I don't put weight on the handlebars.

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 1" up/1" back on my stock bars.
5'11" @ 170Lb.
I don't workout.
Just worked hard most of my life.
Could be your pinching a nerve,
Leaning forward and lifting your head.
Good Luck!
:cool:
Rich

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1 bars are straighter and more forward.

With the STOCK FZ6 bars, you can go up 1" and BACK 1 & 3/8* tops. With the straighter bars, you should have even more room...The stock cables / lines do fit, I did get longer SS lines when I installed those

These are what I have(same as above)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah.. what Scott said. FZ1 with 1 up and 1 back is about the same as OEM bar. Can easily do more without maxing out lines.

bthames2000

Reaction score
Visit site
In that case, anyone know where I can get some 1 inch rise and 2 inch pullback risers? Or as much as I can use without changing the cables

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
In that case, anyone know where I can get some 1 inch rise and 2 inch pullback risers? Or as much as I can use without changing the cables

Without changing the cables Scott's riser is the max it can be done, mine's used this..and I could tell it's already tight up...

I had the shoulder, arm pains for 6 months until I put the riser. It took additional 1 months those pains were gone with riser installed. So I'm glad it actually helped!

I loved to get 1' up and 2' pull back but it would have taken too much work even $$ (brake lines, throttle more more cable changes) so for me it isn't worth it :) Hope you get it where you'd like to go, good luck!

sw-motech-leh-00-039-152-handlebar-riser-barbacks-1_274x274.jpg

Sw-Motech LEH.00.039.152 Handlebar Riser Barbacks & Top Clamps for BMW, Ducati, Honda: Accessories International

Last edited:

bthames2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Without changing the cables Scott's riser is the max it can be done, mine's used this..and I could tell it's already tight up...

I had the shoulder, arm pains for 6 months until I put the riser. It took additional 1 months those pains were gone with riser installed. So I'm glad it actually helped!

I loved to get 1' up and 2' pull back but it would have taken too much work even $$ (brake lines, throttle more more cable changes) so for me it isn't worth it :) Hope you get it where you'd like to go, good luck!

sw-motech-leh-00-039-152-handlebar-riser-barbacks-1_274x274.jpg
What are the bars you have pictured?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's where I got mine, (Gen Mar's);

http://www.genmarmfg.com/shop/universal-risers/x102-detail.html

Note, they do have other risers, 1" up only, etc(which I tried and helped) but they weren't enough. Sold them here on the forum.

They come in bare aluminum, I painted mine with Rust-oleum Metallic # 7271 which is really close to the triple clamp color (much better than the bare aluminum).

Last edited: