Motoin.de

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last month I decided to pull the trigger on Rev'it Ignition 2 Jacket and Gear 2 Pants (yes, getting my tax refund might have something to do with it). I ordered it from Motoin.de which had very reasonable prices. I've done a bit of googling, and while there aren't too many people who ordered from them, most of the opinions were positive to neutral.

My amex was charged immediately when I placed the order and I got an email confirmation that said that items were available immediately and if there were any issues I would be contacted. That was on March 25th.
Few weeks pass by and nothing. I understand that to ship things cheaply from Germany to here, they are not paying premium, so I can wait. Few days ago, I send them an email asking for status and to see if they have any kind of tracking information. Nada.
So yesterday, I sent them another email, being slightly more persistent inquiring about the status of the order (did it even ship?), and mentioned that if I don't hear from them, I may consider contacting my card to dispute the charge.

Today I get an email:

"thanks for your mail.

We are sorry but because of a mistake the order was closed and the payment refunded.

Viele Grüße / Best regards,"

I checked my amex, it was refunded immediately before I received the email.

So, what do we have? No communication in terms of status updates, no "sorry, there was a mistake" - only after I reached out to them twice and mentioned filing a dispute with the credit card did they actually bother to reply to me.

1 out of 5 in my book - at least they refunded me. :(

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ugh.. hate experiences like these. Glad they at least gave you a refund without a hassle.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
now they send me an email asking to rate their service. "if you liked our service, please leave feedback [3 different rating site links included]" Well... not sure if i liked it, but i posted what I thought.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
now they send me an email asking to rate their service. "if you liked our service, please leave feedback [3 different rating site links included]" Well... not sure if i liked it, but i posted what I thought.

Sometimes those auto-survey emails bite companies in the arse :rof:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com

Well then you average out 1/5 for experience, 5/5 for effort don't you :) ? Agree with Erci, at least they refunded you easily, many foreign companies like this will drag you through a nasty process if something like this happens.

Let us know how the gear is after you eventually get it!

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let us know how the gear is after you eventually get it!

Will do, although "eventually" may be the key word there, as:
a) the price i can get in the usual places is just a tiny bit above of what i want to spend

b) The Winter is back in northeast anyways

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
No excuse for their poor communication, but I believe them when they say accepted the order in error.

Their US $ price is too good to be true. Try another currency, like UK's or Germany's and convert to US $. The price becomes more realistic. Seems their currency exchange system for US $ is broken.

And sometimes gear makers make deals with vendors that prevent them from shipping out of country. motorcyclegear.com has that on RevIt products, for example.

EDIT: I forgot about VAT (taxes) being included in some country's prices which can be significant, so maybe nevermind. Blah

Last edited: