Motorcycle live (aka the bike show).

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
So did anyone visit this year?

I went yesterday on the last day - had a good mooch around sitting on all the many possibilities for my next bike.
Really impressed with the mt-09 any some of the options it can come with, nice and comfy.

Best part about the last day of the show is the bargains to be had. Mate got a Shark Speed-R lid for £200 (£280 on the net), and I got some of the new model adventure hotgrips for just £50!

There looked to be some good deals on tires (£220 for a pair of angel GTs for example), but didn't in the end.

Oh yeah, and when trying to take the old grips off today - I snapped the throttle close cable. There goes the savings I made!

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
So did anyone visit this year?

I went yesterday on the last day - had a good mooch around sitting on all the many possibilities for my next bike.
Really impressed with the mt-09 any some of the options it can come with, nice and comfy.

Best part about the last day of the show is the bargains to be had. Mate got a Shark Speed-R lid for £200 (£280 on the net), and I got some of the new model adventure hotgrips for just £50!

There looked to be some good deals on tires (£220 for a pair of angel GTs for example), but didn't in the end.

Oh yeah, and when trying to take the old grips off today - I snapped the throttle close cable. There goes the savings I made!

Just be happy it snapped while you weren't riding. After I changed out my throttle cables I didn't tighten the nuts connecting the cable to the throttle enough and they came loose over a couple of weeks - I wound up crossing an intersection at an idle (shifted up into 3rd so I was going a little faster) I knew what I'd done the second it died on me though. It was a pretty easy roadside fix for me, but having a snapped cable far from home sounds dreadful.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I went last week, had a good look at the mt-09 rallye, I like the look of that.
Also had a good look at the Ktm 1290 super duke r.... Hmmmmm :D

Didn't buy anything, which makes a change lol

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
I went last week, had a good look at the mt-09 rallye, I like the look of that.
Also had a good look at the Ktm 1290 super duke r.... Hmmmmm :D

Didn't buy anything, which makes a change lol

I enjoyed KTM, their new learner series all look fantastic and the 990 adventure is on my list as a possible Europe tourer for next year up there with 1200gs.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
The RC390 looks like it could be a ****s and giggles bike on the right roads.

The 990 is a great bike, almost bought one a few years ago, but decided I wanted a bit more off-road bias so bought a 690 enduro r :D