My dragstrip times

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So im at the atlanta dragway and have laid down 2 great runs so far and my goal is to break into the 11s but I dont know my first run
R/t .045
1/4 12.028
Speed 112.44

2ND RUN
RT .106
1/4 12.059
SPEED 112.49

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
So im at the atlanta dragway and have laid down 2 great runs so far and my goal is to break into the 11s but I dont know my first run
R/t .045
1/4 12.028
Speed 112.44

2ND RUN
RT .106
1/4 12.059
SPEED 112.49

Those reaction times are great, especially the .04, that's fantastic. Are those times typical for our bikes? My butt dyno says its faster than that, not that I'm putting you down in any way :). Also post up your 60' times when you get the chance, those tell a lot of the story when it comes to launching/holeshot..

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Also those times are way consistent, with the combo of your consistency and low reaction times you could do real well in a bracket racing division.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well no 11s I was right on the brink for my first 3 runs but once I put some race fuel in it I couldnt keep the front end on the ground I picked up one mph on my trap speed so I know of if I could have launched better after putting the boost juice to it I prollu woulda happened ...oh well theres always next time....by the way thanks gtpaddict for filming

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
No prob man. I may be going back next Friday. I saw a friend of mine up there that was planning on taking his Firebird. He has't run it yet, but the engine was dyno'd at around 700 HP. It should be fun to watch, especially since he's just running street tires :)

You should post the vid's I took, I think they turned out pretty good.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
No prob man. I may be going back next Friday. I saw a friend of mine up there that was planning on taking his Firebird. He has't run it yet, but the engine was dyno'd at around 700 HP. It should be fun to watch, especially since he's just running street tires :)

You should post the vid's I took, I think they turned out pretty good.

Did you put the videos that you took on youtube or what?

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I thought you had typed fireblade and almost sh1t my pants at 700HP?!??!!
LOL!!

Did you put the videos that you took on youtube or what?

Yea, I sent you a PM last night with the links and asked if you wanted me to email them to you as well. All 4 vids combined are about 14.7 megs, the largest one is about 6 megs. Here they are...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsiBgGbhxt0]ChevyFazer_20110916_AtlDragway_Run6.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P3YHhmvZaw]ChevyFazer_20110916_AtlDragway_Run5.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq4blXYwgjE]ChevyFazer_20110916_AtlDragway_Run4.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kx2X-VuPmA]ChevyFazer_20110916_AtlDragway_Run3.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In order to get into the 11's, you have to improve your launch. Doesn't take much skill ride in a straight line, but it does when it come down to the launch.

Things that you could do to help you get there. #1 make sure your fuel is at an absolute minimum. Like fuel light blinking time. #2 try clutchless shifting going into 2n, 3rd and 4th and maybeee 5th. Don't waste your time going into 6th. #3 make sure your chain is fairly tight, not too loose.

I'm undefeated at the drag strip. But again, I'm very selective on who I race.

profilepic83_7.gif

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
In order to get into the 11's, you have to improve your launch. Doesn't take much skill ride in a straight line, but it does when it come down to the launch.

Things that you could do to help you get there. #1 make sure your fuel is at an absolute minimum. Like fuel light blinking time. #2 try clutchless shifting going into 2n, 3rd and 4th and maybeee 5th. Don't waste your time going into 6th. #3 make sure your chain is fairly tight, not too loose.

profilepic83_7.gif

Ya I gotta find that happy medium between 6500 and 8000 to launch it at I almost had it perfected cutting .05 and under lights with my front tire just barely lifting but not enve enough for me to back out of the gas I was just riding it out, but once the sun went down and I put.the.race fuel in everything changed and it keep wanting to wheelie, also I know lots of people were saying to not use the clutch but I was running faster when I was using it. So I don't know if that's worh it or not but either way its one of the most addicting things to do on 2 wheels imo :D

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site

profilepic83_7.gif

Lol you must be very selective, cause Im running 11.4-11.5 consistently and Ive had my ass handed to me multiple times by guys with gixxers and R1s

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site
R/t .045
1/4 12.028
Speed 112.44

2ND RUN
RT .106
1/4 12.059
SPEED 112.49

Nice times youll get into 11s in no time like Vegas said all you gotta do is improve your 60ft...my guess is if your front is coming up youre letting go of the clutch too quickly. Awhile back I tried starting a thread where ppl would post their times. If you dont mind Id like to add a link back to your thread on it...here it is if you wanna have a look http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/31424-fz6-quarter-mile-times-timeslips.html

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I would honestly go every weekend until i could get to mid 11s but that track is 21/2hr ride from my house and most of that time was in stop and go traffic....the traffic would make me not ever want to come back if it wasnt so addicting

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site

profilepic83_7.gif

That looks very GS-ey, in the background there. To be keepin up, I would think GSX-650F? Or a twin turbo GS500... lol

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol you must be very selective, cause Im running 11.4-11.5 consistently and Ive had my ass handed to me multiple times by guys with gixxers and R1s

Yes I am, I know better not to race against a R1, and I will only race against a R6 or Gixxer if they are newbies, as I will rely on their mistakes to beat them. You know these kind of questions: First time you've done this? Yeah first time for me too. We'll be a good match.

Looks like a fjr1300 to me ;)

Correct!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the night i was running with a bandit 1200 and imo i dont care who i race because im not actually racing anyone but myself and if i was bracket racing i would love to go against a r1 a whole lot more power to be inconsistant or slip a tire...