My FZ6, story, fixes, and parts

Goodeye

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys i thought i would post a few pics of my FZ6 S2 which I've had for about a year.

I bought it from a friend who had left it in his garden for about 2 years and not ridden it. When i said i was after a bike he said i should come and have a look especially as he only wanted £800 for it.

When he said he had a bike in his garden under a tarp i was expecting something really old and crap and so when i took the tarp off i was pretty excited. It had a full Yamaha service history, and started straight off the button even though it had no optimate. as you can expect i bought it straight away. It needed a bit of work to get it road ready like chain and sprockets, full service and T&T but only a couple of hundred quid.

I've added a few bits like the genuine Yamaha crash bungs which i painted to match the bike as they originally came in silver.

One of the few issues i had with the bike was that my fan motor burned out and so the bike had no cooling when it got hot. I mentioned it on the old FZ6 Forum and one of the Mods TownsendsFJR1300 offered to make me a shield that stops stones being flicked up and jamming between the fan and rad causing the fan to burn out. I hear that this is a fault that effects lots of FZ6's so check your fan works before the summer people. Anyway here is the part that i had made which works a charm.

I'm planning a trip to Belgium with some mates this summer so have been buying a few luggage bits.

Love my FZ6 its awesome!

Goodeye

Reaction score
Visit site
Do I see a Triumph Sprint in one of those pics? Is it yours?

The Sprint belongs to a friend. He upgraded from a 600 Hornet and loves it, really comfy too whith lots of cool bits as standard. Bit too tourer for me though I think I'm going for an R1 for my next bike!

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a Sprint a month ago. We are into touring more so I am loving it. I didn't think I'd like the faring. But I am loving the wind protection that I don't get with my FZ6. That triple engine is super shweet too.