My kid knocked my bike over

Federico

Reaction score
Visit site
Title says it all. I was on the roof hanging Christmas lights and I guess my wife figured my bike is an appropriate jungle gym for my 4 and 5 year old. It all looks like superfluous damage but my helmet was sitting on my tank and it's ****ed. The visor and shell are scraped to hell so I'm not putting my head in that again. :disapprove: :disapprove:

But I'm wrong to be mad because it's only a total lack of respect for my things and half a ****ing paycheck pissed away. I should just be happy their actions didn't cause THEM any negative consequences. :thumbdown: Right?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You should be glad your 4-5 year old didn't get hurt! It could have fallen in the wrong direction. Your helmet getting damaged is your own fault, you should never have your helmet sitting on top of your tank, seat or anywhere else it can be susceptible to falling. Even though I live alone, I still place my helmet on the shelf inside the garage or in my apartment, never on the bike. Your helmet should be fine, helmet's can sustain a drop or fall, as long as your head is not inside of it.

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Now, I am not a parent, but I would think if you perched your child on a ledge 4 or 5 times it's own height and gave it a good shove it would learn to empathise with what it put your helmet through - a valuable lesson I am sure

Alternatively, you could give the child the damaged helmet as it's only Christmas present, explaining that all the Christmas money went on replacing it

I would be a great father :)

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
YES your right, a 300lb bike landing on a small child is going to pi55 away more than half a pay cheque. Be thankful that no real damage was done.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That video shows the worst helmet removal and spinal immobilization I have ever seen.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for sharing that vid, def makes me feel a little better since I dropped my helmet from about knee high and as far as the OP, I have to agree with everyone else, money and things can be replaced, life not so much. If I was you I would hug my kids a little tighter tonight